• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies not maintaining weight

dayle_x

Mama Doe
They are on a+p, but my group of buns feel fairly skinny. I can feel their spines. They get 10 handfuls of a+p a day between six buns and wolf it down.
Do you think i should change foods?

Snowdrop cannot maintain her weigh on A&P. I have both of mine on SS and they do much better on it.

Some if my buns lost a lot of weight and condition on a&p so they are now on SS are are doing great...they LOVE it too! :D

Ive heard this with A&P so I feed wagg optimum pellets and freerange hay, plus veggies every other day. Annabelle has actually put on weight - 600grams!!

I didnt have mine on A+P for long, Ronnie really lost weight on it and Lotties fur went awful and dull. Theyre all on SS now and all doing great :D xXx

Ive heard this with A&P so I feed wagg optimum pellets and freerange hay, plus veggies every other day. Annabelle has actually put on weight - 600grams!!

Oh yeah, they do the wagg stuff at asda so that could be easier and cheaper than SS. I may try some of that first then.

Or maybe would mixing 2 pellets (either a+p & wagg, wagg & SS, or a+p & SS) work better?

don't see a reason to mix once you've done a 10 day changeover aslong as all buns like it.

Wagg is £9 cheaper for 10kgs than SS x

don't see a reason to mix once you've done a 10 day changeover aslong as all buns like it.

Wagg is £9 cheaper for 10kgs than SS x

I was just thinking to bulk it up and keep the cost of the SS down, but wagg seems really cheap. Don't know if it is as good as SS though? I guess it will just be a case of trail and error

Bluebunny, I guess some buns are hardier than others. Phoenix is a good weight, but I can feel my other fives spine, especially little Charlie. I only had their teeth checked last night at the vets and they are fine, so i just thought it must be the a+p

I was told by someone on here that its the same ingredients wise however the fibre in wagg is higher i believe (could be wrong tho)

Back