• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny biscuits - U/D YAY!

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
My sister and I spent about an hour making them and Grim took one sniff and turned away. :lol:

It's my never ending quest to get Grimlock to eat hay. We blended timothy hay and a bit of rabbit food with water and then mixed in oats and a few raisins and baked it in the oven like flapjacks. Samus loved them. :)

They turned out quite well actually although they were a little squishy on the inside. I spread some of the squishy stuff of bread and ripped a small piece off for Grim. The bread went in and he spat the mixture out...

Last edited:
My bunnies only like cream crackers!!! I've done all the fancy stuff, but they don't appreciate any of it:roll:

Had 2 off their food earlier this year..... offered a piece of cream cracker and got miraculous recovery!

Never underestimate the power of a cream cracker! I quite like them, but now can't open a packet without 3 pairs of eyes firmly fixed and 3 mouths all eagerly waiting - so I don't have them often anymore:lol::lol:

what you can give cream crackers to rabbits
my rabbits like plain biscuits (not chocolate ones though)

My sister and I spent about an hour making them and Grim took one sniff and turned away. :lol:

It's my never ending quest to get Grimlock to eat hay. We blended timothy hay and a bit of rabbit food with water and then mixed in oats and a few raisins and baked it in the oven like flapjacks. Samus loved them. :)

They turned out quite well actually although they were a little squishy on the inside. I spread some of the squishy stuff of bread and ripped a small piece off for Grim. The bread went in and he spat the mixture out...

Please let me know if you find a way of getting hay into him. Muffin hardly touches it. I have tried 5 different types. he has a little bit now and again but hardly eats any. He was like this when I picked him up from the fosterer, she warned me that he hardly eats anything at all and def no hay. He does eat grass when in the garden which he gets to play in everyday so at least thats one thing, and he does like most veg but only a little. He hs the tinyest poos ever, he is always a worry

:lol: My bridge bun Parsley loved Breadsticks and was partial to the very odd piece of Tuc too.....wouldn't eat hay though :roll::roll:

Well I went through to the other room to find Grim half in a bag of bread (the paper ones). :roll: Not quite sure how he got it.

There was a stale crust in there that he was gumming as he has no front teeth. So I sat on the couch and started to break it up for him. He was literally jumping all over me and digging at my hands if I wasn't breaking it up fast enough. He ended up sat on my arm with his butt near my elbow and his head over my hand to ensure he got the bread. Considering he's a fussy eater he loves what he does eat...

I can't get Hay into Catkin either (dental bun - no front teeth and very few remaining at the back). I have tried blitzing it in a food blender/chopper with various fruits and vegtables. But he just turns his nose up at it. He is suspicous with anything that is mushy incase I have hidden any medication in it:lol:

I have tried soaking it in fruit juice, water etc. And cutting it into small pieces with scissors.

I have decided that some buns just don't like it:lol::lol: The more I try, the more stubborn Catkin gets!!

:shock: Grim ate some. :shock:
Which means he ate hay...

... for the first time in three years!

Wont he eat hay even if you cut out pellets alltogether? And have you tried every type of hay? (Oat, timothy, orchard...)

Wont he eat hay even if you cut out pellets alltogether? And have you tried every type of hay? (Oat, timothy, orchard...)

No and yes. :roll:
If he has no pellets he doesn't eat. And I bought a hay selection from the hay experts and he turned his nose up at everything. He has the most awful diet ever and I'm kind of ashamed of it. But he's always had teeth problems so I'm just happy he's eating. Even if it isn't great. Samus eats a normal healthy rabbit diet and loves her hay. :lol:

Back