• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Toys to play with!!

sam3006

Warren Scout
Has anyone got any ideas??? Gypsi so far has played with an empty crunchie wrapper. i have tired a couple of toys a willow stick probz to big for her!!! a lil plastic ball. she doesnt seem too interested.

what do your rabbits like?

loo rolls sellotape rolls (empty of course)are the favs with my lot along with a huge branch of willow for which there will be none left in the morning

Tinkerbell loves bouncing onto the dogs from the back of the sofa.. :lol: preferably when they are sleeping :lol:

i bought her one of those treatballs that dispenses treats when it's bashed hard enough - well that's what she thinks you have to do with it anyway! keeps her amused for ages in a very noisy sort of way! :roll:

she also has a large ball with a bell inside it, she didn't show much interest in that until today, when she thought that she could bash that about too then look for treats on the floor :lol:

i was going to get her a tunnel to hide in, but she's found the perfect hiding spot herself - in the conservatory behind one of the armchairs, i caught her stretched right out on her tummy this morning fast asleep, the floor out there is tiled and heated, she was like one of those microwave teddys when she woke up and demanded cuddles! :lol::love:

My lot love the iniode of toilet rolls stuffed with hay.

I also wrap nice hays and dried herbs in newspaper or brown paper for them to 'unwrap'.

Jimby loves his Hay bungalow for the Hay experts. Once he gets going he can dig and dig for AGES!! :love:

Tinkerbell loves bouncing onto the dogs from the back of the sofa.. :lol: preferably when they are sleeping :lol:

i bought her one of those treatballs that dispenses treats when it's bashed hard enough - well that's what she thinks you have to do with it anyway! keeps her amused for ages in a very noisy sort of way! :roll:

she also has a large ball with a bell inside it, she didn't show much interest in that until today, when she thought that she could bash that about too then look for treats on the floor :lol:

i was going to get her a tunnel to hide in, but she's found the perfect hiding spot herself - in the conservatory behind one of the armchairs, i caught her stretched right out on her tummy this morning fast asleep, the floor out there is tiled and heated, she was like one of those microwave teddys when she woke up and demanded cuddles! :lol::love:

Julie loves rolling her treat ball everywhere. She has figured out though if the treat will not come out she picks it up by sticking her tooth in the hole and shakes the thing into her mouth. She is smart and that is a funny thing to watch because her whole body shakes. She loves all chew toys and cuddly stuffed animal to drag and groom.

Julie loves rolling her treat ball everywhere. She has figured out though if the treat will not come out she picks it up by sticking her tooth in the hole and shakes the thing into her mouth. She is smart and that is a funny thing to watch because her whole body shakes. She loves all chew toys and cuddly stuffed animal to drag and groom.

My Hattie just chewed a massive hole in it and got the treats out.. wasn't any use after that :roll::lol:

Most of my buns aren't fussed about toys, but cardboard boxes are a favourite.

Really Julie is the only bunny that I have had that loves toys. She has so many that I will wash and put them up and pull out another bunch to rotate. She has a bucket that I put them in during the day so we don't trip on them. She dumps the bucket of toys out at night and plays when we are sleeping. She loves to drag her stuffed rabbits around by the ears so much that one, only has one ear now. She also loves to sleep in the middle of all her toys sometimes. The funnest thing is that Raul the parakeet also has a ton of toys and he plays all day with his but every once in a while he steals one from Julie and takes it back to his room. His favorite toy is a wood apple that he took from her when I first found him.

Last edited:
Mine doesn't like playing with toys - he has a rattly carrot, ball, chew toys etc but all he will do is demolish cardboard boxes for a passtime - he loves it!

Back