• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shall I separate them

Bungle bunny

Mama Doe
The boys are all booked into the vets to be neutered on 8th Jan (Eek!! Scarey after our little Bungle)

Bruce is def the boss and today while I was cleaning them out he gave chase to Herbs and pulled a chunk of his fur out. But then a few mins later, he gave him a good wash for quite a long time. I have a door between the 2 sides of their hutch which I used when we thought Fudge was a girl so when I finished cleaning I separated Bruce from the other 2 but stayed with them to see what happened.

Herbs started to chase and hump Fudge although not with any aggresion. Bruce started to frantically try to get to Fudge and Herbs and they were frantically trying to get to him.

Should I risk leaving them together or should I keep them apart until next week?

Its obvious that they all absolutely adore each other but I am worried.

Given that they havent been neutered I think I would be tempted to separate them. Am you planning on rebonding them once neutered?

If they have started chasing now then I wouldnt want them together when they are recovering from their op incase they pull stiches out or knock the wounds.

Yes, we always want them to be together, they can still see each other and we will allow them supervised play while we are cleaning out so they wont 'unbond'

I wanted to give them an extra couple of weeks growing time as I always question if we took Bungle too early, but now I fear I might have waited too long.

I would pm Janice_arc for bonding advice, she is very good so will know what to do for the best. I wouldnt want to risk leaving them together if rthey have started nipping as I know how much damage they can cause if they really fight.

Thanks, I will leave them separated until they have been neutered. Boo, poor little bunny buns, hate myself for leaving it now.

Back