• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any rescues or individual help? U/D p8

Starlight

Warren Veteran
Just had a call from a lady trying to organise an emergency rescue

56 rabbits all together, females all likely pregnant or with babies, males all fighting.

They need to get all out and into rescues or foster placements.

We will be taking 10 females in the hope of emergency spays.

If any rescues (though I know most will be filled to the brim) or individuals that can foster under a rescue backup (must have permission of the rescue if not local to me)

Please let me know an I can let the woman in charge know so she can update numbers needing a space.

I can loan out indoor cages if this will help anyone in the local area who can foster.

Last edited:
I will take Thorn and one other as this is all I have room for.
The only trouble is, they all have to go by September if I don't stay at my current college.

I wouldn't be able to take any pregnant bunnies, but could probably take a male in to foster.

Do you have any more details?

I could probably take a special needs bun if any are in need of extra care (e.g. illness, dental probs, abscesses, etc) but I'm rather a long way away from Essex

I have a large outdoor hutch, high enough for a bunny to stretch up in so can take one, would prefer female as I could get her spayed and put her with my other bunny waiting for a home.
If pregnant I can put her in the shed which is heated to 18 degrees. I am sure that SWALK would be a hero and bring her from Essex to our layby off the M25!!!!

I will ask Bobtails Rescue as well.

Had an update.

All now have rescue places.
They have been moved to one of the homes and are currently being sexed and healthchecked.

The 10 females coming here should be here possibly Saturday.

If anyone can help locally, even by fostering one of our buns who have already been neutered and vaccinated, it will be very much appreciated.

Aww Kris, you better not persuade me to take a pregnant doe...
I am not your nursery, I repeat I am NOT your nursery ;) ;) ;) ;)

Do you have any more details?

I could probably take a special needs bun if any are in need of extra care (e.g. illness, dental probs, abscesses, etc) but I'm rather a long way away from Essex

If any of the ones Kris has coming in have special needs I am coming to Notts on the 6th Jan from Essex?

If any of the ones Kris has coming in have special needs I am coming to Notts on the 6th Jan from Essex?

If you are coming up, we are in Bedford and may be able to help, we have an indoor cage and will look after one, we can meet you somewhere to pick up, just pm me

I have to say, well done to everyone who has assisted so far, it was so fast getting them all taken so quickly.

We would really like to do our bit, we have been thinking of a house bunny for a while, we would like a grey or brown lop but if not we will help out anyway. We dont mind if its male or female.

We may even consider a pair if they have been spayed/neutered

The 10 should be arriving today.

We are still appealing for fosters, even if it is an existing rabbit here who has already been vacced and neutered.

Back