• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Good vets in Herts?

Loosy

Warren Veteran
Soooo, after taking Pipkin for a check up today to see about his weight I'm pretty unimpressed and thinking about finding a new practice.
The vet that I usually see and is best with bunnies has now left. I was assured that everyone at the practice was just as knowledgable so I took him to see a vet I'd never met before. She was nice and all but all she did was check Pipkin's teeth and weight and say he must have quite a high metabolism :? Then she said that if I was still worried I should seperate him and Ruby and feed him ad lib pellets. Do you think this would be a good idea? I'd really rather not seperate them completely. They have their meals seperately as it is and they don't like that very much...
The vet also completely stressed both the rabbits out. She claimed lovely calm Ruby was a 'wild one' :? It was only because she picked them both up by the scruff. They're not used to that, of course they were nervous.

I'm thinking of finding a second opinion anyway, but I don't know of any other good rabbit practices in the area. I live in Hemel Hempstead so as close to there as possible would be good :)

Last edited:
Sounds good! A cheaper vet would be awesome, especially if Pipkin starts needing more regular dentals..
Just looked it up and it's apparently closer than my current vet :shock: Why didn't I find this place before?!

Caroline at the Rabbit Residence and Gillian at Heathlands animal sanctuary use the Woolpack in Buntingford, and if they trust them they must be good! :D

Guy Carter at Medivet in Watford. He's an ace rabbit vet. Mind you, it's years since I've been there so not sure if he's still practising there. But he IS a fab bunny vet and comes highly recommended.

Thanks for the other suggestions, I've registered them at the 9 lives place. I popped in there this afternoon and they seem really nice :)

The Woolpack is a bit far away (about an hours drive) :(
I've heard of Guy Carter before. The Watford Medivet is my emergency vet of choice, though luckily I haven't had to use it so far *cross fingers*

Guy is still there but it is very expensive and it can be a :censored: of a drive to get to watford.

Hope you get on well with Emily, she did wonders with Faye's bun when it had leukemia. If they were a little closer I would like to use them myself :)

Guy is still there but it is very expensive and it can be a :censored: of a drive to get to watford.

Hope you get on well with Emily, she did wonders with Faye's bun when it had leukemia. If they were a little closer I would like to use them myself :)

Thanks Liz, You're always on the ball!
Yes I would highly recommend Emily at Nine Lives in redbourn. Shes the best :love::love::love:

Thanks Liz, You're always on the ball!
Yes I would highly recommend Emily at Nine Lives in redbourn. Shes the best :love::love::love:

Hehe, that's good to hear. I can't believe I never spotted the place before. It's just down the road from the place I take them for vaccinations (the medivet).
Oh, and hi fellow hemelite! :wave::wave:

Back