• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding older unneutered female with neutered male.

LoopyLouie

Wise Old Thumper
Hi everyone,

I am thinking about starting to look for another bunny to go with my Wilm. I was looking on RR and saw quite a few older bunnies looking for homes, one of them was 7.

My question is quite general as I'm not set to enquire about any bunny yet but I was wondering if it is a good idea attempting a bond with an older unneutered bun. At 7 it's likely she would be a little too fragile to go under right?

We have some old unneutered females that have bonded really well to castrated males. However our vet will still routinely spay females at the age of 7 if they have no other health problems.

Just be aware that the chances of the female having uterine cancer at this age is very high :(

My Sooty had a Uterine bleed at aged 6 nearly 7. I hadn't had her spayed as I wasn't aware that you could until I joined here.

She had an emergency spay and was fine. It depends on the general health of the rabbit I imagine.

Back