• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The vets is shut again!

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
After actually getting through 4 and a half days without needing the emergency vet we now have 5 that need to see a vet but we are really struggling to get appointments :( I have just found out they are closed all day Thursday as well. So that means they are only open for 2 days out of 9 :shock:

I have managed to get 2 appointments in the morning before normally consults start for Dinkys routine injection and to get Ella seen as she is not looking good at all.

I have manged to beg for the last 2 appointments on saturday morning for Revel and Dumpling. Dumpling fitted last Sunday and this is the first appointment I can get :roll:

And Eddie will have to wait for next week :(

Nightmare :(

The only appointment I could get for Snowdrop today was at 8.30am. I was still in bed when I rang at 8.15am so had to dive out of bed, throw a hoodie on and get in the car!

The only appointment I could get for Snowdrop today was at 8.30am. I was still in bed when I rang at 8.15am so had to dive out of bed, throw a hoodie on and get in the car!

Did you have your pyjamas on underneath? I have done that so many times :lol:

Did you have your pyjamas on underneath? I have done that so many times :lol:

I left my pj top on under my hoodie but decided I had better put some joggers on instead of my mickey mouse bottoms!

ETA- I then got home, had a shower, put my dressing gown on and havent moved from the sofa since!

I left my pj top on under my hoodie but decided I had better put some joggers on instead of my mickey mouse bottoms!

ETA- I then got home, had a shower, put my dressing gown on and havent moved from the sofa since!

Prehaps that was for the best :lol:

I am still in my pj's despite being up since early this morning and have cleaned and fed all the buns in the rain. I am just waiting to find the time to have a shower but will rpobably just put clean pjamas on as it is getting so late :roll: :lol:

Prehaps that was for the best :lol:

I am still in my pj's despite being up since early this morning and have cleaned and fed all the buns in the rain. I am just waiting to find the time to have a shower but will rpobably just put clean pjamas on as it is getting so late :roll: :lol:

I call being in pj's all day economical. By not wearing clothes I am saving on washing and therefore saving money and the planet. My OH calls it stinky and lazy!

there is someone else that thinks like me Yayyy :lol:

Lol. If im not going out then I will quite often sit in my dressing gown! In fact when I get home from work I take my work stuff off and just put my dressing gown on. Saves dirtying clothes!

Plus it saves on heating bills as its mega snuggly and warm!

eeeekkkk, ours hasn't been to bad, rosie was in today, she was seen last week during locksleys consultation and myxi vaccinations, locks is back in next week and rosie going along again

How about that other vet a little farther away you mentioned a while ago, Liz?

If any of them deteriorate then we will use them, but I know we have an appointment with the best bunny vet saturday, not sure about tomorrow, I was just grateful for the appointments.

I am keeping a very close eye on Ella this evening, she seems to be slowing right down and has just started to pass some very liquid poo :( I don't think things are looking very good for her right now :cry:

The more read on here the more I am thankful for my vets. They were open until Xmas eve, had full emergency cover until Monday, usual cover until 5.00 on Hogmany, full emergency cover and back to normal on Monday, 4th.
I'm amazed that some vets get away with the cover they give.

The more read on here the more I am thankful for my vets. They were open until Xmas eve, had full emergency cover until Monday, usual cover until 5.00 on Hogmany, full emergency cover and back to normal on Monday, 4th.
I'm amazed that some vets get away with the cover they give.

Ditto, we have someone on site at all times.

Can you not do injections at home Liz? That would eliminate the need for Dinky to go :)

Ditto, we have someone on site at all times.

Can you not do injections at home Liz? That would eliminate the need for Dinky to go :)

Normally I do, but Dinky is going once a week for Ivemectin injections, she has been battling mites for months and I prefer for her to be checked each time in case we are missing an underlying health problem :)

Can I work for your vets? I was home for Christmas lunch but little else between Christmas eve and tonight! It's been so busy at work this week I can't believe anyone could close down and am very jealous!

Can I work for your vets? I was home for Christmas lunch but little else between Christmas eve and tonight! It's been so busy at work this week I can't believe anyone could close down and am very jealous!

I would love you to work for my vets :D:lol: You would be sick of the sight of me though :lol:

Our vet receptionist was even complaining that they are open Saturday. I wanted to ask if Timmys ashes had come back and Franks C&S results were in but was too scared to ask :shock: I don't think she had a good Christmas :(

Back