• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

just had a panic attack at the vets...

biscandmatt1

Wise Old Thumper
i can't believe it... i was sat in the waiting room, it was busy and loads of dogs barking... i was worried about bisc and matt... i was sat there waiting for ages... i started shaking and trembling and i just knew... started as the vet called me in and then i had a full blown panic attack... :cry: i couldn't stop it... the vet sat me down... and i just had to let it happen...:cry: i am so embarrassed and such a stupid idiot... he was good with me though but i feel so humiliated...:cry: i was shaking so much and crying so much... i couldn't breathe...:cry:

just got home and thrown up...:cry:

on top of all that... bisc has lost more weight and he needs a dental...:cry:

i will update bisc and matts seperate threads in a bit...

i am just so :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

sorry you're feeling so :censored: but well done for even getting them to the vets - i used to suffer panic attacks so i can understand how wretched you felt. xxx

:wave:soo sorry you had a pani attack, but you managed to get to vets and then get home, you got through it well done

Sorry you had a bad experience. For bunny people a vet's waiting room can be very stressful if there are a lot of barking dogs, particularly with owners who seem to be oblivious of the distress they are causing. Sometimes though I think we worry about it more than our buns.

The good thing is you got through it all and now have a much better idea of what Bisc's problem is. Good news on Matt though!:)

This is a bit of a foreign concept to me, but maybe a good cup of tea may be in order.:lol:

Just had a panic attack at the vets...

Oh Dear:shock:I so know how you feel:oops:that happened to me when i was in a local pet shop (luckily no one else was in there) I went to look at the rabbits (they sell them in this shop) and didn't look down :shock:something moved which caught my eye and i saw it was a huge SNAKE:censored:it was a white colour and horrible:shock:
I wanted to scream but nothing came out and then i couldn't breath:oops:somehow i managed to get away from this "thing" the poor shopgirl thaught that i was having a heart attack:oops:she got me a chair to sit on while i recovered but i felt so silly sitting there gasping for breath and mumbling about my "snake phobia":oops::oops:
I have never been back to that shop again but still go red when i think about that incident:oops:
I do hope you are feeling better now:)

Sorry you had a bad experience. For bunny people a vet's waiting room can be very stressful if there are a lot of barking dogs, particularly with owners who seem to be oblivious of the distress they are causing. Sometimes though I think we worry about it more than our buns.

The good thing is you got through it all and now have a much better idea of what Bisc's problem is. Good news on Matt though!:)

This is a bit of a foreign concept to me, but maybe a good cup of tea may be in order.:lol:

like us today, there was a whoe waiting roo area with no other chairs occupied this woman came out with her dog and had to sit right next to me and where i had rosie :roll:

I think you were really brave - you went to the vets and put your animals first regardless of how you felt. I used to have panic attacks a lot and they are much worse when you try and fight against them. The best way is to go with them and accept thats all they are - which is really hard i know that!
I still have them sometimes and its scary - especially when your chest is so tight you cant breathe. I hope things get better for you

Back