• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

new year's eve?

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
will locksley be ok? i know he's a house bunny, but we all got to go to my uncles this year :( im scared as i will be leaving him alone, i don't know how he'll react to fireworks and next door always have people around soo they will be loud, i know rosie will be fine as she always is and doesn't bother, im worrying about leaving locks :?

he is not scared of hoover, yet if someone goes toilet and flushes chain and he hear its being flushed that can scare him, or if someone bringing their dustbin in, he stamps his feet anf looks worried

Personally I don't think I could leave him alone so soon but if you have to go then perhaps you could leave a radio on with some background music to block out the worst effects of fireworks and neighbours.

I'd possibly leave a radio on and although I would give him somewhere dark to hide, I would leave the lights on in the room he is in because it will stop firework flashes from being seen.

I'd possibly leave a radio on and although I would give him somewhere dark to hide, I would leave the lights on in the room he is in because it will stop firework flashes from being seen.

thanks, yes he's in living room in a dog crate, mum always leave the light on in there, we cover the dog crate at night with a fleece to keep him warm and cosy

Go on youtube, and find some clips of firework displays. I do this with every bun when I first get them, and before bonfire night each year. You could also switch the lights on and off at the same time :lol:

obviously it depends on the buns temperment, but as you say hes very friendly and chilled out so i thinhk he will be fine. All of mine are fine with fireworks, mum brought them indoors at bonfire night just because she was worried she wouldnt be able to detect it if they were scared :lol: but they were fine :)

obviously it depends on the buns temperment, but as you say hes very friendly and chilled out so i thinhk he will be fine. All of mine are fine with fireworks, mum brought them indoors at bonfire night just because she was worried she wouldnt be able to detect it if they were scared :lol: but they were fine :)

thanks, on xmas day when family where around and it was busy, he didn't bother, so maybe its just me worrying to much, on xmas day he snoozed on nearly everyones lap, and then snoozed in his dogcrate later while everything around him was very busy

Back