• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my bunny shed has mould...

wiggie

Alpha Buck
We converted our shed for the bunnies and they have free range of it and an attached run. it is insulated and appears dry but we have had so much rain recently and small patches of mould have begun to appear in the corners and on parts of the walls. I have scrubbed it all off with bunny safe disinfectant but am worried about the mould affecting the buns.
Any suggestions about how to prevent/ treat this in a bunny safe way would be appreciated.
Thanks x

Possibly lack of ventilation because its been insulated. Try meshing a window and leaving it open/uncovered during the daytime.

One of mine is doing this too unfortunately, i keep having to wipe it all everyday, i am hoping to take it apart sometime this week and replace the lino tiles with proper lino which i got yesterday. Also going to take the boards off the sides and redo them. The water appears to be coming through the actual walls on mine and you can see water ring marks inside. I have painted it 4 times with the protection stuff which i am going to do again when the weather gives us a break :roll:

In the corners not particularly at the top or bottom but some random small patches in the middle of the walls too. I think it is just generally damp and has started in areas that have less circulating air eg. behind a plastic box they use to dig in which is on one of the shelves (not a litter tray). Also we did have a bun in there for a week who wasn't litter trained so although the floor is lino the corner where he peed has some too. It all seems superficial but don't want it to develop into something more. Could leave the windows open a bit more ... would that help?

Possibly lack of ventilation because its been insulated. Try meshing a window and leaving it open/uncovered during the daytime.

Sorry didn't see this. Will try this then. I think I may have not given it enough ventilation. We have mesh windows anyway with perspex covers that can be propped open so this will be simple to do. Didn't occur to me that we would need to do this in the winter though:roll:. We live and learn:lol:! Thanks

Good luck with your shed Angeleyes! hope you get it sorted!
I am worried about whether the mould has got behind the insulation as well but it doesn't look or feel damp so I'm hoping not. will have to wait and see!

Last edited:
Back