• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

for those with foster buns

Candiflare

Mama Doe
How do you balance the affection you give to your rabbits when you divide it between foster buns and your own buns? To actually give all three (two mine, one foster) of my buns the attention I feel they need, it actually takes about half a day for me to hold and stroke them as much as I feel is good for a rabbit every day.

My own two came to may when they were months old so are extremely used to being fussed and cuddled. So i feel I must focus all my attention on my foster bun who didn't have as good a start as my own buns, but then I feel like maybe I'm neglecting my own buns by not spending that time with them.

How do you all strike the balance?

I don't have a foster bun but my single bun gets more me time as the pairs are more interested in each other than me. :lol:

Yes, it's been a real help to have finally bonded Ralph and Ruby. They keep each other company and groom each other, so I've felt like that has made up for some of the time I spend with Buzz. But then, now they're bonded, i LOVE to watch them and the way they interact!

Some buns tend not to want much attention from me at all, i have some that hate being picked up and touched (tiff!) and some like my Izzy that like loads of cuddles, it just seems to balance itself out somehow. I do spend half my life in the garden though!

I find the single buns get more attention :) The pairs can amuse themselves. I dont have any foster buns at the moment but i do normally bring foster buns in every evening for a cuddle :)

I currently have Scamp indoors, he definately gets more attention with him there up his pen 24/7! :lol: xXx

Back