• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Losing weight.

Just_Kazzy

Young Bun
I'm a bit worried about one of my buns, Rosie, she has been a bit off for the last few days, a bit quieter (sp?), just kinda sitting there. She has lost a bit weight, I can now feel her spine :shock: which I couldn't before. Rosie is roughly 9 months and this is her first winter, she is an outside bun, she lives in hutch in the garage with her sister Daisy. I'm a bit worried that the cold is getting to her, she was fine up till this cold. We have had snow on the ground now for 10 days, it has now frozen over and the temp hasn't got above freezing today! There cage is stuffed with hay and straw and they have a heatpad at night, do you think the cold is getting to her? I'm really starting to worry about her now. :(

Karen x

If she has been an outdoor bun before the winter, she will be perfectly fine outside as she will have built up a big winter coat.

However, your bun being off and losing weight is very concerning. She very well may be in pain. I think a vet trip is absolutley essential AS SOON AS POSSIBLE so they can assess what is up with Rosie, and see what treatment is needed to address the problem. There may very well be an underlying problem... My girlie bun lost ALOT of weight due to her abcess which made her anorexic, so a vet appointment is absolutley essential to sort Rosie out! It could also be dental related too, possibilities are endless....

Is she still eating? Is she still passing wees and poos?

Janak

please take her to the vet.

lots of people will be along to tell you why these are worrying symptoms, better than i can.

I was thinking I will take her to the vets in the morning, she is still eating like normal, still comes running for her food! Is happy munching away on her hay too, and is peeing and pooing normal too.

Back