• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits and Guinea Pigs

unalakey

Mama Doe
Hi, My two rabbits Charlie and Jess live in the shed (8ft x 6ft) they have loads of room but my 2 boy guinea pigs live out in the garden in a hutch (triple) , whilst its been cold i have moved their hutch into the rabbit shed, although they are kept seperate they are in the same space, are they ok being kept together whilst its so cold as my boys seem much happier inside the shed (and warmer)?

Well I would say as long as the bunnies can't get to the piggies and vice versa, it should be fine. They do need to be in a shed this time of the year, so bound to be better for them :)

I've never had piggies, but AFAIK they can catch bordatella from rabbits, so keep an eye on your buns and take the pigs away if they show signs of URI (runny nose/sneezing/etc)

Thanks for the replies, yes they are seperate, the piggies hutch is in the shed with their attached run. I will watch them for signs of sneezing etc:wave:

My rabbits and pig are sharing the kennels- seperate hutches and have done so since we got pigs 5 years ago. We've never had any problems.:)

Back