• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I cant believe im even related to her!! U/D now with pics xx

shell1805

Mama Doe
Im sorry if this comes out like a huge rant but im so angry i could just burst! My stupid sister bought a 'family' house rabbit for her kids just before christmas after her kids fell in love with my 2. This alone annoyed me as she was under the impression that all buns are laid back naturally, she didn't realise how much effort i had put in to win my 2 over. Bella was a nightmare to begin with, but my will was stronger (for once lol) well today i get a phone call. Their bun has bit the youngest and i HAD to come and get it out the house! Why this was my duty i dont know. Somehow i got the impression she thought it was my fault! Now i Had made the decision to not come and meet the bun before as i knew i would try to guide them with how to look after them and my sister is one person you do not tell what to do! So i go round there and get thrown a tiny carry case and told to deal with it. No cage, no nothing! When i got back to my car i got ready to inspect this savage beast, savage beast my tush. He is the most sweetest, little rex bun i have ever seen. I picked him up with no kickin and he just cuddled into me. He was so scared, just needed some comfort.
Now 2 hours later he is making his new home his own, i Had a spare puppy crate from when bentley was a puppy, its massive and he looks so small in it but Ive catered it out with litter tray, tent etc. Although i did want another bun, at some point, how dare i be expected to clean up other peoples messes. My oh says not to keep him, but how can i do that to this little guy. He doesn't deserve to be treated with this so little respect! There is no way she's havin him back, but do i find him a home or keep him? I dunno what to do, help. . . :cry:

Last edited:
Oh bless him, he sounds adorable :love: What an awful thing for your sister to do to you & to him - poor little mite :( Well done for bringing him home somewhere safe.

I have to say if it was me & I'd got room etc & able to afford another bun, I'd keep him. I don't think I could pass him onto another home - sorry to say this, but it sounds like he's had a lucky escape from your sister's home :(

Good luck whatever you decide to do xx

I can't believe she expected you to clear up the mess. Well done for taking the poor bun on. If you could keep him it would be better for him to be settled and not have yet another home. Poor little mite. :(

You are completely right about the lucky escape hun, dont be sorry about saying that. He is too thin for my likin and i dread to think what his diet has been like let alone his housing conditions (why else wouldn't she give me the cage) i can certainly afford him, the animal supplies are luckily stocked up. The dog crate is a good size so i dont need to get another cage. He's already using his litter tray :) im just so shocked and angry and to be honest totally unprepared for another bun :cry:

By unprepared, i mean emotionally. All my time and energy goes into bella and jasper, i just worry i wont give him a good home. I always doubt myself :cry:

she isn't keeping the cage to get another 'less beast like' bun is she??? i would say you need the cage, it is the least she can do after giving him up...

he sounds adorable... keep him! he sounds like he loves you already!

x

By unprepared, i mean emotionally. All my time and energy goes into bella and jasper, i just worry i wont give him a good home. I always doubt myself :cry:

you have taken him in without a second thought... set up his cage all nice for him.. i think he will have a fantastic home! you sound like a fab person and owner... don't doubt yourself... xx

You dont know how much that means you saying that hun, i always feel like im messing up with them and i constantly worry they aren't happy. Dali (Ive already named him :$ after my fav artist) is currently in his tent flopped out lol my head is a mess, i dunno what to do or think x

Ive taken a few pics. I'll post them in a bit when i pop over to my mum's and i can use her computer (im on my phone internet) he is chinchilla colour x

:evil::evil::evil:...poor bun and poor you....that is so out of order! (Ted bit Ol once, due to there being banana on his fingers) but getting rid of him didn't even come into my mind...

It sounds like you're falling in love with him. :love:

I think any one of us on here does this all the time - I know I do :oops: No matter what we do for our bunnies, I always question myself as to if it's enough :oops: But remember we are only human :)

It sounds to me though that what you've given him so far is tenfold what your sister has done for him :D But I agree with bisc&matts mum that you need to try to get the cage from her - not that you need it - but to stop her from getting another poor unfortunate bunny :(

By naming him though me thinks you've made a decision ;):)

And yes please pics if you can :love:

You dont know how much that means you saying that hun, i always feel like im messing up with them and i constantly worry they aren't happy. Dali (Ive already named him :$ after my fav artist) is currently in his tent flopped out lol my head is a mess, i dunno what to do or think x

:) dali is a cute name! i think you are probably overcome with emotion about your sister aswell as looking after dali... just be glad you have him now and he won't be left uncared for... :)

I think that little bun' is very lucky you were around! :)

Good for you - I bet Dali is throughly enjoying himself and can't quite believe that he's safe and sound. Looking forward to pics!

Awful of your sister though. I too hope she doesn't decide to get another 'tamer' bun'. :(

The picture just gets worse and worse. Just got off the phone to my sister, she has the same cage bella has but not only did she have Dali in there but 2 guinee pigs! Bella only uses her cage as a base, it is no way big enough for all those animals! The kids apparently love the pigs as they are more handable, they lost interest with Dali as he was so visious. And apparently how am i supposed to expect the kids to keep him after he has bit them! Like i expected anything, i stayed well out of it untill today! Im so wound up its unreal. Dali is going no where, Ive told her that there is no way she is havin him back coz i know what will happen. I'll get him settled and then she'll see how relaxed he is and want him back. He's asleep at the mo tucked up on my lap inside my hoodie, he is the calmest bun ever! God, how could she be so dumb?! Well, i cant wait for the satisfaction when she asks how he's doing, im so so angry. Sorry for yet another rant x

Does your sister know that bunnies are animals...and have teeth....and feel pain...?! If a child annoys the bun...what does she expect the bun to do?!

Grrrrr....I couldn't talk to my sister again if she did that!! :evil:

Back