• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

pet carriers

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Someone has asked me to recommend them a good pet carrier for a mini lop. I haven't bought one for years as we get quite a few donated with bunnies that arrive here.

Can anyone suggest a decent one and the best place to purchase it

Thank you :wave:

i got an overpriced atlas from pets at home which is top opening so quite decent for 30 ish quid

my fave buy was from a market stall.. 15 quid its huge and sturdy and actually feels more secure with two bunnies in than the atlas, only down side is its not top opening.. i deffo reccomend sending them to the local markets theyll get a real bargain, sorry cant remember what the make was tho :D:D

I have one of these and can highly recommend it. It was about £24 from my local pet shop.

http://www.hagen.com/uk/cats/addinfo/pet_cargo_cabrio.cfm

They're available quite a few places online including ebay. It's plenty big enough for my two, with room to spare. I like it because the top opens right up, so no trying to force a wriggly bun through the front door of a carrier, but you can also open the front door and let them hop out by themselves.

Yep that's the one I saw in the flesh recently ;) I had a good play with it; it's great isn't it!

Yep that's the one I saw in the flesh recently ;) I had a good play with it; it's great isn't it!

:lol::lol::lol: We posted at the same time again. I'm really happy with it. I had a good play around with it in the pet shop before I bought it as I wasn't sure from seeing it online.

wow they look amazing :shock::shock: not sure one would suit my little spring though :lol::lol::lol:

Wow...
i only have an ordinary cat carrier that has a door at the front (which comes off) :lol:
Seems to work for taking them to and from vets :wave: :)

i have a pets at home top opening carrier for my 3, i also use i for my cat separately and its so much better being able to put them in and out from the top :D

I saw one of these in the flesh for the first time recently and I have to say I was really impressed. I thought they looked really bleurgh but actually they are really sturdy and open in all manner of different ways, meaning that they are really practical :)

http://www.ukpetsupplies.com/Details.aspx?CatId=538&ParentId=527&ProdId=1770

I've got one of those too....theyre no good for big bunnies but fine for dwarf lop size .....the vet told me last time i was there that the nurses really like it!

Its fine once you get used to how the top closes :roll:

Sorry to interrupt the thread - but would you be able to fit two average sized bunnies in the Hagen Pet Cargo Cabrio one do you think? :)

Sorry to interrupt the thread - but would you be able to fit two average sized bunnies in the Hagen Pet Cargo Cabrio one do you think? :)

I do put 2 dwarf lop sized ones in there at a push but only for short amounts of time......better for one bunny at a time in my opinion.:wave:

Someone has asked me to recommend them a good pet carrier for a mini lop. I haven't bought one for years as we get quite a few donated with bunnies that arrive here.

Can anyone suggest a decent one and the best place to purchase it

Thank you :wave:

the range have decent ones for good price, we got ours from their burgundy one with opening top carrier, i prefer ones which open at top easier to get bunny in and out on vet visits, i used to find with older one which only had front door mowgli locked his back feet behind door soo when in vets couldn't get him out :lol:

I do put 2 dwarf lop sized ones in there at a push but only for short amounts of time......better for one bunny at a time in my opinion.:wave:

Ok - thanks! :)

I think I'll go with the Atlas 20 instead - it's got an opening top etc. and is slightly bigger than the Hagen one. :p

I have one of these and can highly recommend it. It was about £24 from my local pet shop.

http://www.hagen.com/uk/cats/addinfo/pet_cargo_cabrio.cfm

They're available quite a few places online including ebay. It's plenty big enough for my two, with room to spare. I like it because the top opens right up, so no trying to force a wriggly bun through the front door of a carrier, but you can also open the front door and let them hop out by themselves.

I have one of these too. It's fab. :D
Herbie and Sugar will comfortably fit in it together, but neither of them are really big buns.

Back