• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

DUDLEY U/D post 166 Eating, pooing AND binkying!!!!

Boudicca

Warren Veteran
In waiting room with Dudley at emergency vets now! He stopped eating today but was quite lively tried infacol gentle tum rub 2 big farts but still not right hence vet Q long wait can feel duddles shaking in box like shivering is he going into shock?

Last edited:
I'm not sure, but I would speak with reception & ask to be seen now - he may be very stressed by being there, especially if the waiting room is very busy :( Good luck, let us know how Dudley is xxx

Explain how worried you are hun they should get you in quicker. I did this with Beau when I was waiting, I actually started crying in the waiting room and even other people were like you can take my appointment and I will wait and the receptionist had a vet come see Beau straight away

In waiting room with Dudley at emergency vets now! He stopped eating today but was quite lively tried infacol gentle tum rub 2 big farts but still not right hence vet Q long wait can feel duddles shaking in box like shivering is he going into shock?

Can you stroke him?

maybe the vet nurses will assess him for you, when i rushed alvin to the vets once they were fully booked but the nurses did a triage type accessment to see how serious he was. then the vet squeezed us in a bit later on.

sending loads of vibes xxxx

pearl also shakes at the vets or when ever she goes in the carrier, its more stress at being there than the illness itself

oh no poor dudley! dudley doesnt like the carrier though, so maybe its partly that, if hes feeling unwell anyway, the stress could be getting to him!

hope he feels better asap! x

maybe the vet nurses will assess him for you, when i rushed alvin to the vets once they were fully booked but the nurses did a triage type accessment to see how serious he was. then the vet squeezed us in a bit later on.

sending loads of vibes xxxx

pearl also shakes at the vets or when ever she goes in the carrier, its more stress at being there than the illness itself

Doesn't take long to work it out either - Gizmo has only ever been to the vet in his carrier 4 times but, now when he see's the carrier he is off - I took it out from under the stairs the other day to get to something and he spotted it and thumped and legged it :lol:

[/B]
Doesn't take long to work it out either - Gizmo has only ever been to the vet in his carrier 4 times but, now when he see's the carrier he is off - I took it out from under the stairs the other day to get to something and he spotted it and thumped and legged it :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: my pair know the vets carrier too :lol::lol: they hide in the safe carrier when they see it :roll:

Awww poor Dudley :( Could be stress, pain, or cold? Hopefully you can see the vet very soon xxx

Thanks everyone!! I spoke to the receptionist who was very nice and we were seen next :D I was on the verge of tears and cheeks bright red which might have helped!! Vet couldn't feel a blockage and said he felt a bit gassy :? He had some sub cut fluids, metaclop and metacam! Fingers crossed this will sort him out! I really suspect the hay n hide tunnels and won't be buying them again!!! I think they eat more cardboard because it has the hay and glue on it. Thanks again guys!!

sending loads of quick recovery vibes xxxx

Thank you! He's not looking great just sitting in the same spot not moving eyes half shut! He looked better before we went!!! How long is it before Alvin starts eating after an attempted stasis episode?

Thank you! He's not looking great just sitting in the same spot not moving eyes half shut! He looked better before we went!!! How long is it before Alvin starts eating after an attempted stasis episode?

it depends.. its been within 2 hours or its been 4 long days of daily vets visits.. this time has been 10 days but he is eating still.. his gut appears to have slowed so much hes hardly pooping but to anyone else he looks fine :?

the 4 days one was awful tho, he had to be admitted daily and they were syringe feeding him for me and giving him fluid injections as well as the pain relief and gut stimulant because he wasnt eating of his own accord at all :cry::cry:

most times hes been right as rain within a few hours of the pain relief and gut stimulant :D:D

what ever happens with Dudley hun, he will get better it just may take more treatment/time than your expecting and the stress is unreal... fluid injections are amazing for recovery almost as good as metacam i think :D:D

Thank you Donna! Yes the stress is horrible :-( I had a heart monitor for Xmas and was wearing it today, at one point when I was trying to help Dudders my heart rate was 184bmp!! He's still not eating or pooing and isn't moving much at all! I'm not going to be sleeping at all tonight I have an awful feeling Im gonna be back to the vets in the early hours! I wish he could speak!

Thank you Donna! Yes the stress is horrible :-( I had a heart monitor for Xmas and was wearing it today, at one point when I was trying to help Dudders my heart rate was 184bmp!! He's still not eating or pooing and isn't moving much at all! I'm not going to be sleeping at all tonight I have an awful feeling Im gonna be back to the vets in the early hours! I wish he could speak!

the fact hes had fluids takes the pressure off you slightly hun, ive been told that they respond better if we allow the drugs to kick in and leave them be for a bit.. give him a few hours in the quiet and get yourself a bit more relaxed... itll be a long night probably :(.. attempting syringe feeds so soon after a vets visit often leads to disasterious results with me and alvin and one vet even said he recovers slower because hes so fiesty and resistant to human intervention :roll:

get some kale and parsley and leave him alone with them while you take it easy for a bit ;)

Thanks again! You even answered something I was pondering!! I was wondering if I should try a syringe feed he hasn't eaten all day I tried 2ml of fiberplex at lunchtime (not sure how much he got :oops:). I'll give it a bit longer. I have all his favs inc parsley and basil keep wafting them under his nose but no reaction yet!

Well done for jumping the queue at the vets! I saw a guy in our old vets who was crying, his poor cat was in a terrible state, and I asked the receptionist if he could take my appointment as he needed it, so they made him wait even longer! :shock: Needless to say, I have moved to a different vets...

Hope Dudley gets better soon!

Back