PDA

View Full Version : nail trimming

mini lop1
28-12-2009, 11:42 AM
just give lox his first experience of me trimming his nails, he was very well behaved :D

DemiS
28-12-2009, 12:26 PM
Babies always seem to be good with nail trimming if you do it early enough, it's just a nightmare if they have black nails, strong nails or very strong feet :roll:

kirstyg
28-12-2009, 12:33 PM
dark nails are hard to do but i have learnt to do them after my last sliver fox rabbit had nail problems as when i had her
her last owners didn't have her nails trimed

mini lop1
28-12-2009, 12:47 PM
he has light nails like mowgli did soo it was easy enough, rosie however has dark nails, like to kick and cry, and sound like im torturing her :shock: :lol:

Pie
28-12-2009, 12:57 PM
I cant get near Pie to do her nails.
She screams like she's dying, has bitten me and OH too. I now have to take her to the vets and even there it takes 2 vet nurses and me to hold her! :roll:
(She also has white nails)

mini lop1
28-12-2009, 12:58 PM
I cant get near Pie to do her nails.
She screams like she's dying, has bitten me and OH too. I now have to take her to the vets and even there it takes 2 vet nurses and me to hold her! :roll:

thats what rosie is like, but ive gotten used to her :lol: i have to keep chatting to her to get her attention on something else :lol:

kirstyg
31-12-2009, 11:06 AM
my rabbits nails are easy to do my rabbits like having their claws done
but all my rabbits are white except one who is like a pure white with black ears and feet which are easier to do

clarebear
31-12-2009, 11:08 AM
I haven't dared to do this yet! Might chicken out and go to the vets to get it done.

Any reason for the bame Locksley? It's lovely.....thought you might be a Robin Hood fan too?

biscandmatt1
31-12-2009, 11:11 AM
bisc and matt have dark nails... makes it a bit more nerve wracking ... but they are both well behaved having them done... :love: