• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When the neuter... Advice needed!

casu consulto

Mama Doe
After managing to catch little Jack Frost two weeks ago now, and he has not shown any signs of illness or any negative effects at having survived running free for nearly two weeks in those gardens, I'm meant to be looking to neuter him so that in the spring he can possible be introduced to one of my other bunnies. :oops: Total wimp with this sort of thing. My nerves were shot to pieces when I had Bella spayed... I KNOW it's less invasive than a spay, but I still worry!

Anyway! Boy bunnies can be neutered when their plums drop, can't they...? They're definitely there! :oops:

I wanted to give him time to settle and maybe put on a little weight before he took any trip to the vets, and he has done that. He's grown a little, and loves his food, and isn't stressed by anything.

He's not been vaccinated or anything yet. I'm not sure whether to have his vaccines done BEFORE having him neutered or not? I'd imagine, with him being an indoor bunny currently, and with it being winter and there being less bitey things around, the risk of him contracting such diseases is as low as it ever will be throughout the year, but I reeeeally don't know what order to do these things in.

I'd personally get him neutered asap, then he can have his first vaccination a week or so later.

I always worry that if boys are left too long they may develop an unwanted habit like spraying or aggression which might not be solved by neutering.

Seeing as he is an indoor bunny, i would get him neutered first and then a week or two after have his vaccinations. :wave:

Back