• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Humping and honking

FudgeTort

Wise Old Thumper
Brian and Molly have always got on really well since say one, it was generally accepted that Molly was the boss, and Brian wasnt fussed.
Over the past week or so, he has been humping her and making a little honking noise each time he does, much like he did when they were in the bonding process.
I know he loves her, because they always sit together, groom each other etc, and Molly isnt being bullied as such, she isnt upset by it.
Ive obviously no way of telling if its just when im around or not.
Anyone got any ideas for this sudden change of behaviour?
Laura.

Brian and Molly have always got on really well since say one, it was generally accepted that Molly was the boss, and Brian wasnt fussed.
Over the past week or so, he has been humping her and making a little honking noise each time he does, much like he did when they were in the bonding process.
I know he loves her, because they always sit together, groom each other etc, and Molly isnt being bullied as such, she isnt upset by it.
Ive obviously no way of telling if its just when im around or not.
Anyone got any ideas for this sudden change of behaviour?
Laura.

:oops: :oops: :oops: randy boy :roll:

if shes not bothered by it i wouldnt worry ..

"BRIAN ...":roll: :roll: :oops:

The only thing I can think is that is started since the garden has been covered in snow/ice, but figured it was just a conincidence.

Our little buck has started this. Not too much humping, but he is leaping round our doe, flopping on her and sprinting at her. I have just assumed that he really wants her attention, as once she starts paying any sort of attention to him he calms down. :?

Our little buck has started this. Not too much humping, but he is leaping round our doe, flopping on her and sprinting at her. I have just assumed that he really wants her attention, as once she starts paying any sort of attention to him he calms down. :?

Aw, he probably just loves her!
I guess as people have said to me, if she doesnt seem stressed by it then its ok.
Anyway, Brian has stopped doing this totally now, he still honks, but thats just what he does, in fact, as I speak, they are snuggled up together fast asleep.
They're getting on really well right now.

Them being neutered/spayed, I never thought it would have anything to do with breeding season, silly me.
Would explain the sudden change.

Back