• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vets tomorrow for Bramble

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
Bramble my newest addition, the bunny with the huge jaw abscess/s is going for follow up vet check tomorrow. I think her largest active abscess is going to need removing and possibly one or more of her teeth as well (she keeps chewing on nothing).

The poor girl is very underweight, so I'm a bit worried about her needing a GA.

Keep your fingers crossed for Bramble tomorrow

Bramble my newest addition, the bunny with the huge jaw abscess/s is going for follow up vet check tomorrow. I think her largest active abscess is going to need removing and possibly one or more of her teeth as well (she keeps chewing on nothing).

The poor girl is very underweight, so I'm a bit worried about her needing a GA.

Keep your fingers crossed for Bramble tomorrow

All fingers and toes crossed here Amy.

Keep us posted. xxx

Just back from the vets.

Bramble has gained nearly 200g in 2 weeks :D

She's now ready to go in for a GA to sort her teeth out and possibly have a go at flushing the largest abscess. It's mostly bony growth, so there's not a huge amount that can be done to the abscess itself.

Thanks for asking after Bramble Liz...I totally forgot to update :oops:

Most of her bottom teeth are already missing, and the two remaining ones aren't loose but are growing in the wrong direction, so she only needed sedating to take the sharp edges off those.

The vet had a look at her abscesses but didn't want to resort to surgery atm given that the infection is incurable anyway, so we're going to continue with a high dosage of antibiotics for a few more weeks then re-assess the situation.

Abscesses are awful, but not necessarily a death sentence, so I'm feeling reasonably optimistic about Bramble atm. My vets have a rabbit on their books who is still going strong nearly 2 years after being being diagnosed with an incurable jaw abscess (the rabbit happens to belong to a member of RU!)

Here's a photo of her from tonight...sat in her favourite little hidey hole

DSCF1886.jpg

Bramble went for a follow up vets appointment this morning, and has put on another 100g :wave:

Her abscesses haven't gotten any bigger, and the vet thought the soft pocket of active infection even felt smaller.

She's never going to be cured, but she can still have a good quality of life if her condition is managed properly. She's even started doing binkies and getting into mischief now that she's settling in :D

Bramble went for a follow up vets appointment this morning, and has put on another 100g :wave:

Her abscesses haven't gotten any bigger, and the vet thought the soft pocket of active infection even felt smaller.

She's never going to be cured, but she can still have a good quality of life if her condition is managed properly. She's even started doing binkies and getting into mischief now that she's settling in :D

That has made my day! :D

Back