• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Relaxing on a Sunday afternoon

chrispatch

New Kit
Not the best quality pics as they were taken through double glazing.
Piggy is in her favourite position, I don't think she minds which one she sits on.

ridingpig001.jpg

ridingpig003.jpg

ridingpig002.jpg

Ah that is so nice ,what breed are the brown rabbits ? They are massive,I have two four month old french lops but it does not look like they are going to be that big lol

Relaxing on a Sunday afternoon.

Ah that is so nice ,what breed are the brown rabbits ? They are massive,I have two four month old french lops but it does not look like they are going to be that big lol

I think they are Continental Giants and are approx 20 months old. We only aquired them at about 11 weeks as they were bought by my daughter in law at an auction market. A buck and a doe, we had them neutered and they are inseperable. I assume they are brother and sister.

Nice pictures of your bunnies. Have you considered bonding the guinea pig with another guinea pig?? Although they appear to be happy, it would be best not to leave piggy with the continentals. If you do a search on the forum, you will find all the reasons why.

Hello Chrispatch, hope you enjoy the forum. Your bunnies are big and very sweet, do they live with the guineau? What do you feed them on I bet they can get through some spring greens lol. There are some wonderful idea's for housing that might be of interest to you on here, loads of ideas - if you click search and then type in housing you will see lovely ''set-ups' and might get some idea's as I think what you have in place does look a tad on the small side. Do they get a lot of free range time aswell? I spotted your little tortoise aswell awww how old is it?

firstly.... here's some trifle! :)

secondly.... rabbits and guinea pigs should not be kept together, or even be allowed to play together... even if they seem happy.

guinea pigs need company of their own kind, they have different dietry needs to rabbits, and a rabbit can easily kill a guinea pig... just one kick by accident...

they are all beautiful though...:)

firstly.... here's some trifle! :)

secondly.... rabbits and guinea pigs should not be kept together, or even be allowed to play together... even if they seem happy.

guinea pigs need company of their own kind, they have different dietry needs to rabbits, and a rabbit can easily kill a guinea pig... just one kick by accident...

they are all beautiful though...:)

I ate half a raspberry one on Boxing Day greedy !- nom nom nom :D :lol:
(edited as my laptop is playing up) grrrr

Last edited:
The OP has already answered questions about the rabbits with the guinea pig in previous posts.

The OP has already answered questions about the rabbits with the guinea pig in previous posts.

Where is the guinea? Is that it on the buns back? It looks a bit like an owl's face :lol::oops: x

Last edited:
:shock::shock::shock:

hmmm trifle indeed. Took me about 10 mins to figure out what the white thing was though...

beautiful bunnies...but....a piggie with giants? I assume this is all discussed on thread mentioned above as I haven't seen it yet

:shock::shock::shock:

hmmm trifle indeed. Took me about 10 mins to figure out what the white thing was though...

beautiful bunnies...but....a piggie with giants? I assume this is all discussed on thread mentioned above as I haven't seen it yet

Is that the guineau pig? The white thing, I haven't seen the other thread either, they are beautiful bunsters :love:

Don't worry, it was months ago Raine, it's only got replies today after I linked to it here ;)

Hello Chrispatch, hope you enjoy the forum. Your bunnies are big and very sweet, do they live with the guineau? What do you feed them on I bet they can get through some spring greens lol. There are some wonderful idea's for housing that might be of interest to you on here, loads of ideas - if you click search and then type in housing you will see lovely ''set-ups' and might get some idea's as I think what you have in place does look a tad on the small side. Do they get a lot of free range time aswell? I spotted your little tortoise aswell awww how old is it?

Hi Vicky,in reply to your queries, no, the rabbits and guinea live apart, the guinea lives in the top hutch on the right in the picture,and before anyone asks it is completely insulated and always full of hay. She is put out if the weather is suitable in the small wire run on the grass and it has a little door to allow her to run the garden which is completely fenced in.She can also get in and out of the rabbit enclosure at will which as you can see she loves to do. The rabbits only spend the night in the wired enclosure, as they are free to roam the garden during the day, although they are so contented they tend to spend most of the time lazing about inside the run. In fact my wife frequently says there must be thousands who would love to get out, and they are happy to stay in. They have 2 lawns to graze on and plenty of wood to chew (destroy). As for the accomodation the top hutch is there for them to get in when they please by way of a ramp up the back. I admit it is not very large but they very rarely use it preferring to lay in the bottom section or on the balcony which is out of view.There is also cover available in the area below the guinea's hutch.The strange thing is though they prefer to sit outside even with the available cover. Also hidden in the photo is an area under cover where they have a tray on which they do most of their droppings, of which there are plenty, plus I have to rake the lawns every 2 days. They get all sorts of veg as I have an allotment so never go short of greens and carrots etc, and they get through plenty + some pellets. As to the guinea's diet as mentioned in another post, she has her own food seperated from the rabbits, although she does join in and eat theirs when out.
Finally the tortoise you saw is actually concrete, our tortoise which we have had for 30 years, is safely asleep in a box, and he has known and roamed the garden with 7 or 8 different rabbits in that time. Perhaps someone will now tell me I shouldn't keep tortoises with rabbits and guineas:?
Thanks for your comments but I can assure you, that you will not find animals anywhere that get better treatment than ours, or be more contented.

Hi Vicky,in reply to your queries, no, the rabbits and guinea live apart, the guinea lives in the top hutch on the right in the picture,and before anyone asks it is completely insulated and always full of hay. She is put out if the weather is suitable in the small wire run on the grass and it has a little door to allow her to run the garden which is completely fenced in.She can also get in and out of the rabbit enclosure at will which as you can see she loves to do. The rabbits only spend the night in the wired enclosure, as they are free to roam the garden during the day, although they are so contented they tend to spend most of the time lazing about inside the run. In fact my wife frequently says there must be thousands who would love to get out, and they are happy to stay in. They have 2 lawns to graze on and plenty of wood to chew (destroy). As for the accomodation the top hutch is there for them to get in when they please by way of a ramp up the back. I admit it is not very large but they very rarely use it preferring to lay in the bottom section or on the balcony which is out of view.There is also cover available in the area below the guinea's hutch.The strange thing is though they prefer to sit outside even with the available cover. Also hidden in the photo is an area under cover where they have a tray on which they do most of their droppings, of which there are plenty, plus I have to rake the lawns every 2 days. They get all sorts of veg as I have an allotment so never go short of greens and carrots etc, and they get through plenty + some pellets. As to the guinea's diet as mentioned in another post, she has her own food seperated from the rabbits, although she does join in and eat theirs when out.
Finally the tortoise you saw is actually concrete, our tortoise which we have had for 30 years, is safely asleep in a box, and he has known and roamed the garden with 7 or 8 different rabbits in that time. Perhaps someone will now tell me I shouldn't keep tortoises with rabbits and guineas:?
Thanks for your comments but I can assure you, that you will not find animals anywhere that get better treatment than ours, or be more contented.

:wave: Good glad to hear that. They do look like contented bunsters indeed. I can't answer your question regarding the tortoises as I know nothing about them only that they can live for years. For the record aswell, I haven't questioned your care for your animals - as you pointed out there are a lot of areas that can't be seen on the pictures and as you have said the bits that are on show do look a bit small in comparison to the bunsters which is all I said. Glad you have a nice allotment for organic veggies -lucky buns, I would like to grow my own one day. :)

Back