• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I feel sooo bad - just need to tell someone - bunny fight

kaths101

Warren Veteran
I was at work today and Oh was cleaning out the bunnies when Oreo jumped over the divider into Charlies pen :cry::cry::cry::cry: I was on the phone to him at the time and even though he had put the sheet over he hadnt pegged it on because I phoned him - I thought I heard a rabbit scream - not sure which one - it was between Oreo and New boy Charlie - i feel sooo terrible and have been crying...:cry::cry: Poor Josh had to split them up though after the initial scuffle they did part by themselves and sat in seperate corners..

I rushed home from work to check them over (thinking the worst - emergency vet etc) as OH was really worried about oreo - he thought he had a hole in his ear and came home to find them eating banana :roll:
There doesnt seem to be any injuries but lots of fur - I was hoping to start bonding the 3 on Friday - is this going to put a stop to this now..
I understand oreo was in Charleis territory which is why the scuffle happened - and charlie didnt thank being suddenly joined by Oreo - they are back side by side now sniffing through the wire - have both eaten lots of hay and veg and both generally seem to be ok - flopping etc..

Sorry just had to get that off my chest - i think it may have sounded worse as I was on the other end of the phone and could hear everything with Oh panicking and me hanging on for 7 minutes wondering what was going on :oops: - it was awful

Perhaps you can still try to bond on land thats impartial (I forget the word right now!!!:lol::oops:)

Its going to be hard bonding 2 males with 1 female anyway, but if theyve already fought id leave it a while. I should think friday will be fine, as long as Oreo has no wounds etc (usually takes a few days for them to appear as scabs)

Glad they both seem ok. I guess they can all see each other? Do you alternate litter trays to help with the bonding? xXx

Awww, Don't worry. I had a mad idea of bonding my girls one evening, ten minutes later Dylan was in the emergency vets & I was a nervous wreck!! She was kept in three days & has permanent scarring, Thankfully she defied the vets thoughts that the ear would just die off! It was awful & needless to say, I have two single bunnies now! :roll: Dont worry about it, accidents happen XX

My Violet has been in a few fights.. first with his brother Bugs resulting in this...

bugsvi006.jpg

bugsvi004.jpg

Second time he broke Hazels hutch door open and Hazel shredded Violets testicles and 'other' private part..
resulting in an emergancy neutering and removal of damaged tissue on his 'other' private part.
Here's a pic *warning graphic*
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn190/Tiff_Lily/animals077.jpg
By time we'd got the vets is was swollen to twice the size, most of the skin was torn off and bleeding.

I do feel ever so guilty :(, it shouldn't of happened either times. Violet was a highly aggressive bunny and shouldn't have been anywhere near other buns.
Although he has finally learnt his lesson and is happily bonded with his wife Mai now.

Last edited:
Its going to be hard bonding 2 males with 1 female anyway, but if theyve already fought id leave it a while. I should think friday will be fine, as long as Oreo has no wounds etc (usually takes a few days for them to appear as scabs)

Glad they both seem ok. I guess they can all see each other? Do you alternate litter trays to help with the bonding? xXx

Hmm I hear 2 males and 1 female is harder than 2 females and 1 male - arggh i always make things difficult for myself but I will give it a go..
I will have another good look over Oreo and Charlie tonight to check for wounds - there doesnt seem any blood though and they both seem ok.
yes they can see each other and yes i have just started alternating pens - is it easier just to do litter trays??

xxx

Hmm I hear 2 males and 1 female is harder than 2 females and 1 male - arggh i always make things difficult for myself but I will give it a go..
I will have another good look over Oreo and Charlie tonight to check for wounds - there doesnt seem any blood though and they both seem ok.
yes they can see each other and yes i have just started alternating pens - is it easier just to do litter trays??

xxx

Nope alternating pens is just as good, as long as your leaving the litter in etc so they can smell each other in the pens :)

The wounds will take a few days to show properly, you will be able to feel scabs. xXx

Back