• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lily....Just hope its not the start of trouble....another wash today

yvette

Wise Old Thumper
(For those that dont know,Lily Shane has curvature of the spine...a bad one.)Had to clean her botty today.Watched her earlier trying to fold herself in half to get the little soft poops.....
When I looked a fair bit later,her botty was dirty with poops and bedding.
No attempts to clean herself off..it had gone hard.:(

I told her,this cant happen else she will get fly strike when the weather warms up.

Last edited:
Poor girl :(

Are you going to treat her with some sort of fly guard?

I think I may have to...and be more vigilant,specially with her.Im paranoid about flies with the other 2 bunnies....may go out of my mind with worry over this one.

I know how you feel - our little Amelia is the same :( I've had to wash her a couple of times over the last few days as she'd got herself in a right old state :(

Is Lily on daily pain relief?

I know how you feel - our little Amelia is the same :( I've had to wash her a couple of times over the last few days as she'd got herself in a right old state :(

Is Lily on daily pain relief?

Not yet.....shes in no pain,gives no indication of being so,eats,binkies occasionally,chills out,etc,etc.My vet didnt say anything (have changed vets to a really excellent bunny man) and the vet before who wasnt bunny savvy said she wasnt in pain...

Poor little Lily!! She's with the best person possible though!! You'll do all you can for her!!

Try not to get too worried. It could have been just one bad day!!

Lily Bun did it again.
A dirty botty....Ive also noticed her dragging a leg slightly.This happens occasionally.
Not given her any greens today..just her pellets and hay.
She was hiding in her hay/bed today!! Its not like shes cold.Shes been an indoor bun for some time....
Cant help but worry.

Back