• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Morse -U/D 31st December Post 49

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
I have tried not to post about this but I just cant cope with it on my own any more :cry:
Morse is deteriorating rapidly :cry: His weight has dropped from 3.42kg to 3.19kg in 3 weeks :cry: He is literally skin and bone now :cry: But he is eating like a horse.

I know I am not a Vet but I think the 'abnormality' in his right ear canal now looks malignant :cry: I think Morse has a squamous cell carcinoma- cancer :cry:

I dont think C is on duty til Wednesday so Morse will be seeing her then.

I dare not even think about losing Morse, its just too much :cry: :cry:

Last edited:
oh no! not morse :(
i hope he is better soon!
keep us updated!
Sending vibes to you and morse xxxxx

Please try not to panic about things, I know its easier said than done. i have been convinced on many occasion that a bun has had cancer due to similar symptoms and it turns out they didn't. :)

So sorry he's poorly again.:cry::cry:

It's one of those occasions that I'm hoping you are wrong.

Sending huge vibes for Morse.

So sorry he's poorly again.:cry::cry:

It's one of those occasions that I'm hoping you are wrong.

Sending huge vibes for Morse.

Thank you

My dog had a squamous cell carcinoma in his ear and it looked exactly the same as what I can now seen in Morse's ear.
I know what I am seeing now isnt 'just' infection :cry:

Morse is so frail now I dont think he'll cope with surgery :cry:

He nearly died after the last GA he had a few weeks back when his ears were both cleaned out.

God, I feel so ill :cry:

:cry: I am really sorry to hear that. I am sure he is probably in the best possible place though and that he knows how much you love him. He is probably not in a lot of pain if he is still eating well. Hope he can make it and you can stay strong - if it is his time though Jane he will only leave in one way, his spirit will never leave you xx

:cry: I am really sorry to hear that. I am sure he is probably in the best possible place though and that he knows how much you love him. He is probably not in a lot of pain if he is still eating well. Hope he can make it and you can stay strong - if it is his time though Jane he will only leave in one way, his spirit will never leave you xx

Thank you so much for saying that.
It's what I believe too xx

Sending Morse mega vibes and like everyone else, I do hope you are wrong on this occasion too.

Hugs to you Jane and cuddles to Morse.

I agree with the others...there's no point worrying about cancer before he's even seen the vet.

What exactly can you see down his ear?

Sending positive vibes for Morse xx

Huge (((VIBES))) for the brave Morse! and (((HUGS))) for you! Never give up hope sometimes the world does hand out good news!!

Actually its really upset me to think that anyone assumes Morse has not received Vet treatment

I have spent hundreds of pounds on him. He's had blood tests, U/S Scans and surgery.

I really am very upset now

Back