• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The ways rabbit's run

Kareena

Warren Scout
Sorry about the weird post lol.
I've been wondering about this, both my 2 run around differently. Or I should probably say hop around, our first Leuki I never really thought about it, She kind of reminds me of a dog with a hop. But when we got Samba, he completely reminded me of Peter Rabbit with his hopping.
Which one is normal? or are they all different?

I've done a few threads on this site, and apart from one never had a response. guess I'm boring.

My two run differently as well,
partially because Molly has a odd shoulder blade, but otherwise I guess its just the same as with humans, everyone walks and runs differently.

No not boring:wave:
I just think no-one knows how to reply. Its difficult to describe how your rabbit hops and they are all slightly different;- in the same way I guess like friends walk slightly differently.
Trust your intuition though and if you think there is anything wrong with the way your bunny hops please do take him for a check-up with the vet as if there was a problem, it might be one of so many different things needing various treatment.
Very difficult for anyone one here to say whether or not a hop is right just from a description.

bear in mind a smaller bun may hop differently to a taller bun in long grass etc.
-sue:wave:

Catkin does a dainty little tiptoe kind of hop. A bit like he is sneaking around.

Molly has to whizz everywhere, she doesn't do slow.

Doona and Humphrey hop the way I would imagine an elephant to hop...:roll:
Very loud and thumpy:lol:

All my 5 hop differently.

My baby Minnie, couldn't even hop :lol: She used to run and scurry the majority of the time! She couldnt go in a straight line either!

I've done a few threads on this site, and apart from one never had a response. guess I'm boring.

I've looked back through your threads and that's just not true :? This is a very busy forum and threads do occasionally get overlooked, or 'ignored' if the answer is easily found elsewhere on the site, but two of your other threads had lots of replies so please don't feel as if you're being deliberately ignored. This is a very busy site and it happens occasionally but it's no reflection on you.

I've looked back through your threads and that's just not true :? This is a very busy forum and threads do occasionally get overlooked, or 'ignored' if the answer is easily found elsewhere on the site, but two of your other threads had lots of replies so please don't feel as if you're being deliberately ignored. This is a very busy site and it happens occasionally but it's no reflection on you.

True, 2 got replies. (I forgot aboutthe introduction). On Rabbit chat they just sink to the bottom of the page.Maybe I'm a bit oversensitive, it just made me feel a bit silly posting them. Thankyou all for replying though.

I don't think there is anything wrong with my rabbits, I was just noting that they hopped differently and wondered which was the more typical. One is very cartoony.

Back