• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Your perfect rabbit home

Julia123

Warren Veteran
Hiya

I'm looking into some development ideas for the perfect rabbit home....

If you could design your own what would it be like - please state if indoor or outdoor .... let your imagination run wild ... what would be the most perfect thing you could buy :D :wave:

Im drawing up plans at the mo! Gonna cost me a fortune :?

Would you share them? I have an idea to get 'the prefect modular rabbit home' into manufacture....at a decent price will take a fair while to do but I would be great to have something just right rather than having to adapt dog kennels and sheds etc...

I do of course have my own ideas.... call this market research !

Shed with attached walk in aviary which already has shelves and platforms for the bunnies and already insulated and chew resistant. :)

You have seen them:lol:
100_0413.jpg

100_0405.jpg

100_0467.jpg

You have seen them:lol:
100_0413.jpg

100_0405.jpg

100_0467.jpg

Very nice :D I remember you doing it, if you could have bought that with perspex sheets for the run that were easy to put on and take off with wing nuts would you have? You bought it separately didn't you I remember you has some problems with the top - what would have made it easier?

Very nice :D I remember you doing it, if you could have bought that with perspex sheets for the run that were easy to put on and take off with wing nuts would you have? You bought it separately didn't you I remember you has some problems with the top - what would have made it easier?

The problems i had were rain running into the runs from the shed roof but i bought some guttering and its brilliant:) Im not sure as just using the shower curtains creates a little condensataion on the inside of the roof i think with corregated plastic it would be worse?:? Shower curtains work well though:)

The problems i had were rain running into the runs from the shed roof but i bought some guttering and its brilliant:) Im not sure as just using the shower curtains creates a little condensataion on the inside of the roof i think with corregated plastic it would be worse?:? Shower curtains work well though:)

Thanks :wave: I ended up boarding up the aviary part of my kennel and run as it got so wet! They do have another exposed run though. Kennel and runs seem not to have enough indoor space... looking back should have bought a shed

Thanks :wave: I ended up boarding up the aviary part of my kennel and run as it got so wet! They do have another exposed run though. Kennel and runs seem not to have enough indoor space... looking back should have bought a shed

See although i want the runs to stay dry it doesnt matter as much cause they have a 4ft x4.5ft indoor bit to go in if they want,The shed is 10ft x6ft but its sectioned off with puppy panels to store hay and food etc aswell will try and get pics of the inside tommo

Here's a diagram I made on paint of my dream rabbit house (not to scale, all measurements are in feet):

BunnyHouse.jpg

Shed with attached walk in aviary which already has shelves and platforms for the bunnies and already insulated and chew resistant. :)

For outdoor - as above. I'd have a proper solid roof with felting and guttering. End of the aviary to open completely so it can be swept, and a drain in the corner so the rain/hose water would run off. I'd probably put boards around the side with the prevailing wind. I'd also want them to be able to go onto grass though, but i guess that would have to be separate so you could move the grass run around. I'd cover the inside part of the floor first, then add the walls so that the edges of the floor covering can't be chewed.

Indoors - i currently have a spare single room - about 10ft x 5 ft. It has a 48" dog crate, which i'd like to add shelves to. They have a wooden house that they use as a step to get to the crate roof, which is covered in carpet (where they sleep). By choice i wouldnt have carpet - probably lino with wooden battons around the edge to prevent them from chewing. Also somewhere for them to dig would be good.

My perfect home for my buns would be for them to have their own large house or outbuilding attached to our house (so that we had direct access to it) and for them to have a huuuuuuuge secure garden to run around in all the time.

Last edited:
My perfect home for my buns would be for them to have their own large house or outbuilding attached to our house (so thst we had direct access to it) and fpr them to have a huuuuuuuge secure garden to run around in all the time.

Mine too :D

Mine is my buns free ranging totally like they used to, before they ate the wooden blinds, the carpet, the skirting boards, etc etc :censored:Now they have a 12foot by 6 foot room with a dog crate and plastic boxes to climb on. Its as close to ideal as my destructive little dears will ever be getting :lol:

Back