• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should I ?

cally73

Young Bun
I cant believe I am thinking about this already. Parsnip who was 10 weeks old passed away in the early hours of yesterday morning,:( leaving Pumpkin behind. Pumpkin is absolutely fine eating, pooping and binkying around. Should i try again to get her a companion? Is it too soon?:? She is very friendly and accepted Parsnip with great ease ( a little bit of mounting on the first day). Or should I just leave her on her own? I am asking this as a friend has some gorgeous BEW lionhead lops available at the moment. Am I being selfish and just thinking of myself and having another bun to cuddle?:oops:

All buns need friends... So why not?
Im sure you know when your bun is ready for a new friend, sometimes sooner is better in some cases as buns can get depressed after loosing a friend or loved one.
So if you and your bun is ready to have another member of the family then i say go for it :)

does pumpkin seem depressed?

i think getting another friend would be fine, because she is quite young and can't be spayed yet... but obv as they mature they will need to be done...

i suppose you have the option of waiting and getting her spayed and then finding a nice neutered buck in rescue to bond with?

whatever you decide make sure you find a good rabbit/exotics vet...

poor little pumpkin, i hope she is ok.

Back