• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

not sure if its broken or what?

Laura09x

Young Bun
noticed my little smudge has started to walk with a limp or drag his back left leg! When he trys to clean him self he cant and just drops to the floor but at the same time he is running and doing binkys. Will be taking him vets but any ideas whats wrong.

Sounds like hes sprained or broken his back leg :? Especially if hes dragging it :? He will need to see a vet asap :( Poor boy :(

Let us know how he gets on at the vets xXx

He relies on the other side to hold him up but then why is he running around doing binkys if its broken :(

animals adapt very well compared to humans with three legs so maybe thats why he continues to run around, but its best getting to vets for them to examine if its broken or sprained

it was when he was running around i noticd it. if his leg is broken would that mean him being put down :(

I would get him to the vet and specify that you want an x-ray.

If it is broken, he can have his leg amputated, this will cost around £150-£250 I *think*. Though your vet can give you a proper estimation.

My Mini had a problem with her hind leg. She'd dislocated her hip. It's a rare injury but similar in a way to a broken leg. The vet missed it the first time so the poor thing was in pain (she had some painkillers) for a couple of weeks before an xray which showed the problem, then she had to have an op to break the nodule of bone around her hip joint which then fused a new joint. She's back to how she was before the accident now and can jump three quarters of a metre high if she thinks it'll get her food!

I did some research at the time into broken legs in case that was what it was. Seems bunnies survive very well with only one hind leg. So I wouldn't worry but I would start saving.

My Mini had a problem with her hind leg. She'd dislocated her hip. It's a rare injury but similar in a way to a broken leg. The vet missed it the first time so the poor thing was in pain (she had some painkillers) for a couple of weeks before an xray which showed the problem, then she had to have an op to break the nodule of bone around her hip joint which then fused a new joint. She's back to how she was before the accident now and can jump three quarters of a metre high if she thinks it'll get her food!

I did some research at the time into broken legs in case that was what it was. Seems bunnies survive very well with only one hind leg. So I wouldn't worry but I would start saving.

Been to vets he seems to think its defaintly Not broken! but could be a dislocated hip he has given him some painkillers but if he dont get better in a few days bring him back in for a x ray. not to be rude but how much did you pay to have your minis hip sorted?

Well, the vets I was with then had never seen that sort of injury so priced us according to how they do cats with a little taken off (I think). We paid £250 for the op and £50 for the xray plus she was spayed the same time as the xray. Poor thing!

Back