• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snowdrop isnt right-Updated 1/1 Almost back to normal!

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
Snowdrop has been quiet for the past 2 days and isnt eating properly. She will come to me and eat fenugreeks but isnt eating her science selective. She has been eating dried dandelion and alfafa bails and will eat the p@h woodlands range pellets but not her science selective. She is pooing normally for her but they are a little darker than usual. Still the usual large, rubgy ball shaped poos.

I have given her some metacam tonight incase she has tummy ache and will make her an appointment for vets on Tuesday. Obviously if she goes down hill or starts refusing food I will take her as an emergency.

I am not sure whether its a down part of her condition or whether it could be teeth trouble as the pellets she will eat are much smaller.

Last edited:
If you weren't describing Snowdrop and it was a bunny I'd never 'met' I would be thinking teeth also. It definitely sounds like a 'keep an eye on it' situation rather than anything serious at the mo. Sending vibes that she improves.

I was getting myself wound up this morning that Artie was quiet, all I think it was is that I didn't wake up til 10am, he got his breakfast shortly after but was a bit disinterested, I think it was purely because it was late, but it's so easy to worry when they are different to normal :roll:

I have some Maxalon at home so might give the vets a call in the morning and see if they think that might help. I hate it when bunnies dont eat, its so stressful. She has always been fussy with veg but is usually really enthusiastic about her pellets.

I am just wondering whether she is being picky. About a week ago I started adding a few of the Woodlands pellets in her diet as I found an open bag in a cupboard that needed using up. She started eating those ones first before her SS and I wonder now whether she is refusing SS as she prefers the Woodlands?

Might be worth a try then little tyke - never know she might be holding out for yummy nom noms - fingers crossed it's just something minor and she perks up x

Snowdrop is much the same today. I caged her while I was out today and left her with some SS pellets and oat hay. She has eaten some hay and about half of the pellets but left the rest. I have let her out for a run and she has gone straight under the sofa and is looking miserable. She will eat fenugreek crunchies but wont touch any veg or banana porrige which she usually loves. She just doesnt seem to have any enthusiasm about eating.

I have given her some metacam and her Maxalon. I will take her to the vets first thing Tuesday morning for a teeth check but if its not teeth then I dont know what we will do as her condition makes a GA risky and my vet wont xray without one.

Oh no :( Poor girly :( I do hope she stays stable until shes able to see the vet. Sending lots of vibes xXx

I am getting really worried about her. I have my neices all day tomorrow so cant stay in with her. She is refusing to take a fenugreek off my OH now but did eat one about ten mins ago.

I have just given her some infacol as her tummy feels quite swollen. I am sure it is a bad one of her bloat episodes. If we catch it quick enough we can usually stop it before she stops eating but this time its much worse than usual.

She is having a run round now and given herself a good groom after we did her meds.

Snowdrop has just eaten a tiny bit of banana porridge :)

She is now going mental trying to destroy her dog crate because she doesnt like being caged but if I let her out she will go and hide under the bed and wont be near any food and I wont be able to watch her!

I am sure she is sat giving me evils right now!

Snowdrop has just eaten a tiny bit of banana porridge :)

She is now going mental trying to destroy her dog crate because she doesnt like being caged but if I let her out she will go and hide under the bed and wont be near any food and I wont be able to watch her!

I am sure she is sat giving me evils right now!

Can you fix a mirror in a place that will enable you to see her whilst she's under the bed? Then you could watch her and she would not know. She may be less inclined to eat if she's cross at being in her cage.

I hope she feels better soon

xx

She has eaten quite a bit of oat hay as well so I have let her out for a bit now.

She was fighting with her stuffed panda and trying to destroy the door matt she sits on!

She has been picking hay up and throwing it about which I have never seen her do before. Its as if she is looking for a certain strand right at the bottom of the pile!

She has eaten quite a bit of oat hay as well so I have let her out for a bit now.

She was fighting with her stuffed panda and trying to destroy the door matt she sits on!

She has been picking hay up and throwing it about
which I have never seen her do before. Its as if she is looking for a certain strand right at the bottom of the pile!

That sounds very 'dental' to me :?

That sounds very 'dental' to me :?

Maybe it is her teeth and she will only eat fenugreeks because they taste so good its worth the pain?

I will get the vet to check her back teeth on Tuesday, I have checked her front and they are ok. Will then need to find a vet that does conscious dentals as mine dont and I dont want her to have a GA if we can avoid it.

Back