• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

phantom pregnancy , i hope

rexy&coco

Warren Scout
how long does it last?? coco is going bald from fur pulling. her tum is fairly bald and now she is starting on her legs, :(

Are you leaving the nests shes making? It may save her pulling her fur out to make new nests? Give her loads of hay/straw :)

Hope it passes soon for her :( Must be awful for them :( xXx

i am not touching the place where she is nesting but rexy is squashing it and messing it up himself, not alot i can do to stop him.

i think its about 3-4 days poor girl. just as well they are in for the winter , she would be freezing out there with all this snow.

When Lottie had a phantom pregnancy (a few weeks after she was bonded with george) it lasted about a week, so hopefully your baby will be ok soon :) xXx

My Honey had a phantom pregnacy for over a month :shock: She just kept pulling her fur out, building a massive nest and getting increasing aggressive. After a month of it we asked if our vets would spay her. While she was being spayed we cleaned all the fur out and after she recovered, we moved her back into her hutch without anymore problems :)

thanks for your advise, i will see how she goes over the next few days, fingers x it will pass,

she seems to have calmed down slightly, well i have not seen her with a mouth full of fur anyway, i have bought her a small teddy , maybe she will see it as her baby and then settle down.:lol:

Back