• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

she nipped him

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
rosie nipped locksleys through the wires she went for his lips, and has bitten through him, its bleeding, as she held on until i moved him, he looks sore what can i do, apart from rinsing it :( poor baba

You need to gently bathe it with a sterile salie solution.
I would make sure he does not stop eating if his lip is very swollen/sore.

You need to gently bathe it with a sterile salie solution.
I would make sure he does not stop eating if his lip is very swollen/sore.

thanks ive rinsed it out and he is now sat on bed looking very sorry :cry: this is a piccie of what she has done, she bit him quite bad, he's now grinding his teeth :cry:

050-1.jpg

oh no that looks so sore!!! poor little man! sorry i don't have any advice but sending fast healing vibes!!!

Poor Locksley, I wouldnt let Rosie free range while he is in his cage. She will see it as her territory and they will both get confused.

Try and keep it clean and make sure he can eat ok. Snowdrop bit Bungle through the bars of the cage after she managed to get into his room and he has to have 2 lots of stitches in his nose so when accidents happen it can be very nasty.

Ouch!!
Poor little thing. Hope he gets better soon.
At least it looks like quite a clean bite though. Fingers crossed for him to get better soon.

thanks, i cleaned it all up and stopped the bleeding, he seems fine now, he's still munching away, he's been lapping up snoozing and snuggling up to all the christmas guests

Poor little mite, its even worse to see when the bunny is so loving and happy, shy cant other buns see what we can see? I hope all is well today

its healing well, closed up itself, he is managing to munch his food fine, he is like mowgli he doesn't bother about anything, even when rosie had her teeth in him he just stayed still :cry:

How the react when meeting through bars is no indication of how they will react when together. She just sees another rabbit in her territory so is bound to attack. I would bond as soon as he's healed (he is neutered yeah?) but make sure it is in neutral territory and don't give them too much space. I'm sure she'll be completely different :)

he's only a baby 9weeks old today soo not neutered yet, they have been out together but she continues to nip and chase him in circles, he thinks she is playing but she turns nasty on him

Back