• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice re head tilt - wonky ears. PIC ADDED Post 3

Kermit

Wise Old Thumper
My friend has got two rabbits for christmas, ive just been to see them, they are about 3 months old.

Thing is that one of them has really quite squinty ears, resembling what my Kermits ears were like when he had head tilt. Its like they both lean over to one side, one flops right down like a lop and the other one is sticking up, but leaning to the same side. The bun doesnt have head tilt.

Is it possible for a bunny just to have really squinty ears, or should i be worried??

Last edited:
The bunny is fine apart from the wonky ears. Running about no probs.

I dont know if im just worried over nothing after all i went through with Kermit.

Here is pics
DSC00163.jpg

DSC00162.jpg

Last edited:
:wave:
I've read that lop/dwarf crosses end up with these crazy gorgeous helicopter ears. Although we have less lops in the mix here in NZ(only mini & dwarf )
There are certainly a lot of bunnies out there like this so unless there is an actual head tilt I reckon its all AOK.
What sweet little buns by the way :love:

:wave:
I've read that lop/dwarf crosses end up with these crazy gorgeous helicopter ears. Although we have less lops in the mix here in NZ(only mini & dwarf )
There are certainly a lot of bunnies out there like this so unless there is an actual head tilt I reckon its all AOK.
What sweet little buns by the way :love:

Absolutely right Kiwi Bron. Mine has all ear positions from both sides up to both sides down, but is usually 1 up 1 down. I just tried to get a photo for Kermit of the "up ear" leaning over the mid line. :D:wave:

Back