• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A stupid mistake.

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
I'm so annoyed at myself and so embarrassed I'm ashamed to post this. :(
As my rabbits have been determined to stay outside in the hutch, my sister's rabbit Simba has been staying inside to keep them separated. And like an idiot I thought maybe we could see if they get on so they can all be outside. :evil:

Samus only bit a huge chunk out of Simba's bum. :cry:

I feel so awful. I have a lot of experience with animals and rabbits in particular and I know I shouldn't have risked it. It was just so stupid. My sister was crying too because she loves her bun. I cleaned up the area with sterile slightly salted water and cut some of the fur away. It looks like a surface wound and doesn't seem to be causing her any pain, although she would probably hide it. I don't think it's going to require a visit to the vets but I can't believe how stupid I was. Simba's a single rabbit because she just isn't interested in other rabbits and likes to stay away from them. And to top it all off now my boyfriend really doesn't like Samus. :( I know it was just instinct and being territorial and I still love her so much but they don't see it like that.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Please don't be so harsh on yourself. Everyone makes occasional mistakes/errors of judgment in life, especially when there is a lot on our minds. No major damage has been done, & that is what matters.

I was unaware of Grimlock's several serious health issues until recently, and have the greatest admiration & respect for your great care & knowledge of your animals.

I so hope you can put this unfortunate incident behind you & enjoy today. :wave:

I would take him to the vets he may need a shot of antibiotics depending on how bad the bite is. We all make mistakes, dont beat yourself up x

Back