• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jimby has eaten...

rachylou

Warren Veteran
A STRINGY ELASTICATED THING FROM A GIFT TAG!

What should I do? I mean I have given him x4 Treat Ums Hair Ball treatment treats to try and guild it through.

Do you think this will pass through alright?

Yes it should do, Thumps's bun ate a piece of garden twine and passed it later strung with about 10 droppings.

Is Jimby ok at the moment? No gagging, stretching or cocking his head or wheezing? If not then hopefully it has passed quickly to his stomach without choking him. I would encourage him to eat as much fibre as possible to pass it through.. hay, hay and more hay and some wet leafy greens to keep the bowels well hydrated to prevent anything getting stuck or drying out.

I would keep a very close eye on him every hour or two through the night just incase he stops eating/pooping, but i'm sure it will pass out with some droppings tomorrow or the day after. Just keep him eating lots of hay and as much coarse fibrous material as you can find. Some dried herbs, some dandelions maybe and some grass even if he is used to this..... if not his favourite hay and some leafy greens.

If he does any gagging or wheezing or head cocking as if it is stuck at the back of his throat he will need urgent vet attention. Hopefully he'll be just fine :)

Alvin chewed and swallowed a hole in the towel i wrapped him in last weekend because of stasis and he was ok..

he also did this (pic shown) with no ill effects :oops::oops:

DSC00043.jpg

He is acting completly normal, his naughty little self :love: Trying to chew the walls as usual. :lol:
He has been eating a bit of hay and is sprinting around as normal.
He has had his daily amount of veggies should I give him any more?

if he seems normal i wouldnt mess with the balance :D i upped the veg and pellets for stasis on sat and im stuggling to get my pair back to normal... Alvin is eating less hay now hes been spoiled and one of them didnt eat the poops they are supposed to last night :?

as long as you keep an eye on the poop production all sounds to be flowing as normal :D

Thank you for your help :wave:

He is rumaging around in his litter now s hopefully we will be passing it soon.
Bless him he is a little monkey, always getting up to trouble. :lol:
We are not leaving the house until lunch time tomorrow so will see how he goes in the morning.

Aww thank you for your careing posts today, this is the first chance I have had to get on the laptop today, Jimby is very well thank you, I think he passed it either in the night or early this morning as there were 3 seperate strings of poos, one with a big poo and a little one attached another with about 3 stringy poos and another with about 5. So I think it has come out now.
He has been a very happy boy, opening all his presents today and now... up to myschief!! :love:

I'm so pleased that Jimby is OK now.
Perhaps I can now say that it was nothing short of a miracle that Thumper managed to pass a 3" length of string. It's the only time he's eaten something he shouldn't.
Because he's a dental bun, his gut slows down when he can't eat enough fiber. It's when his gut slows down I have to be very careful. He's had a complete obstruction of the lower bowel on fur balls twice when his gut has been slow. There are no problems at all if his gut is working properly.

I think you are getting a "feel" for Jimby now, as I do for Thumper.
You've done all the right things :thumb:
It's a case of awareness, plenty of fiber, plenty of fluids, & waiting patiently, but not turning grey!!

I've one thing to say to Jimby, "Bless you for trying to make your Mum a Christmas pressy - but she'd much prefer a couple of binkies"

Back