• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

why am i so paranoid about my buns weight at this time of the year

Ted an Petal

Warren Veteran
this is my second christmas with my buns and last i was the same with them, paranoid that they where loosing weight. they have so much fur on them that i'm scared something is happening underneath it all, i've no way of actaully measuring their weight. i've no scales. it's teddy who always gets me, i was out last night and i felt her spine but she's probably always like that as she eats like a horse. pointless thread really.

I weigh mine every week, since Alfie became a walking spine last year:shock: He's fine this year - looks pretty good actually:D:D:D:D I have the heating on in the bun room to take the edge off too:D

I am paranoid about everything to do with my bun!!! I am turning into a real nuerotic mate!!! My Boyfriend thinks I am mad!!!:lol:

He isn't wrong though

I'm totally paranoid about everything this time of year!!

Thankfully all my buns are pretty chunky at the moment, which I am happy to let them stay until the cod eases off a bit.

I think we underestimate them you know, their ability to survive extremes of weather that is. I was SO paranoid about Frankie in that heat wave earlier in the year (he is a black rex) but he was fine, didn't stop him running, binkying etc).

Odd question but... Do you have a wii per chance?

I thought I was paranoid about Teddy's weight loss a few months ago...even though it wasn't much in the beginning! :roll:

Turns out I was right to be paranoid, and it could have been FAR worse if I had dismissed his weight loss.

Best to be overcautious with buns! It might shatter your nerves.....but you're just a good bunny mum!

I manage to weigh all of mine on my normal kitchen scales. My vet said that even if the scales weren't 100% accurate it would still let me monitor changes. I found it really useful. Buny scales are £40-50 but apart from Carrot and Merlin they'll all sit in the kitchen scales quite happily...

I even keep a list on my computer showing all their weights/ages/vaccination dates/notes about any health issues etc..:oops:

Back