• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Captain Carrot ill but now seems better - UD Statement from Captain Carrot

Tinsel

Wise Old Thumper
I had an awful shock yesterday because when I fed the shed buns Captain Carrot just stayed where he was and didn't show any interest in eating whasoever! :( This is totally unlike him so I took him straight to the vets after giving him some metacam and syringe feeding him a little critical care.

By the time we got there the spring greens I'd put into his carrier had mysteriously vanished, and the vets gave me a free sample of pellets (excel which he has at home) which vanished pretty swiftly. The vet examined him really thoroughly, especially his teeth/listened to his stomach (gentle gurgles) and watched him hop round for five minutes but couldn't find anything wrong with him. By the evening he was eating normally, and he's been acting/eating normally today.

Anyone got any ideas what could have been the problem? It meant I was three hours late setting off for a journey to Oxford and back - just couldn't go with him ill :? But now my family's saying he's a norty malingerer! :shock:

Last edited:
bit of gas? start of a gut slow down? being a stropy bugga? wanted attenion? metacam junkie?

anything really, norty boy worrying you like that.. glad hes ok :D:D

Could be pain of some sort?

I had a similar episode with Artie where he wasn't eating and looking rather unhappy. Vets luckily booked us in about a couple of hours after I rang. He presented okay at the vets and on the way home (only 5 minutes after being at the vets) he was chomping on spring greens :shock: He wasn't diagnosed with anything in particular that time but it was only a month or so later when he was diagnosed with serious bladder sludge problems. Maybe there's some underlying pain of some sort with Carrot ... or it could be as one of Donna's suggestions bit of gas etc, so maybe a one-off :?

:love:Glad he's feeling better.

Thank you for all the replies.

Captain Carrot has issued the following statement:
Fank yous for all the good wishes hopings I will eat more. Becos I is such a good rabbit I is eatins much more now, just like I normally does. Donna I has my eye on you though, sayin' I is a metacam junkie. I don't know wot dat is but it sounds like somefing I should looks into. Bunny Buddy mummy will bear in mind wot you sed if it happens again.

Fank you again everyone. I is now off to do some nommings. :wave:

Last edited:

Fank yous for all the good wishes hopings I will eat more. Becos I is such a good rabbit I is eatins much more now, just like I normally does. Donna I has my eye on you though, sayin' I is a metacam junkie. I don't know wot dat is but it sounds like somefing I should looks into. Bunny Buddy mummy will bear in mind wot you sed if it happens again.

Yay! Just keep nomming, Captain Carrot! :D

Merry Nommings!!!!

I had an awful shock yesterday because when I fed the shed buns Captain Carrot just stayed where he was and didn't show any interest in eating whasoever! :( This is totally unlike him so I took him straight to the vets after giving him some metacam and syringe feeding him a little critical care.

By the time we got there the spring greens I'd put into his carrier had mysteriously vanished, and the vets gave me a free sample of pellets (excel which he has at home) which vanished pretty swiftly. The vet examined him really thoroughly, especially his teeth/listened to his stomach (gentle gurgles) and watched him hop round for five minutes but couldn't find anything wrong with him. By the evening he was eating normally, and he's been acting/eating normally today.

Anyone got any ideas what could have been the problem? It meant I was three hours late setting off for a journey to Oxford and back - just couldn't go with him ill :? But now my family's saying he's a norty malingerer! :shock:

Captain Carrot a norty malingerer, surely not!!:lol:

Daz has a habbit of having mysterious episodes when he knows I am going away for the day......:roll::roll:

Captain Carrot says thank you to everyone and a Happy Christmas. He has added that he is off now to do some MORE nommings... :?

One of our buns, Arthur, does this too. I really panicked the first time, but now we just keep an eye on him and see it through. When he's like it he won't eat, and is obviously uncomfortable and goes and sits in his litter tray, so I think it is a bit of wind, bless him.

Back