• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Question about wildie buns!

Boudicca

Warren Veteran
Does anyone know do wild buns have one sleeping chamber in their burrow which they line with fur?? I've noticed that there is one hidden corner in my lounge that always has a lot of fur and nowhere else! I notice the buns sleep in other places during the day but over night they sleep in this one spot! I stopped hoovering it as I assumed they must do this in the wild and it must annoy them when I Hoover it up! It's now verrrry furry... good job I live on my own! but it's like they've created their own bedroom :lol:

My wildie definately dosn't pull her fur out but shedded fur does tend to build up in the corners where they spend most time sleeping and it often collects into lumps.

Hmm it's distinctly different to nest building.. Daisy had a couple of phantom pregnancies before she was spade! It's also v different to random fur collecting in corners and places where they spend a lot of time! Its strange they never sleep there during the day in fact they dont even go there! I don't think it's coz they are cold because they did it through the summer as well?!

My wildie definately dosn't pull her fur out but shedded fur does tend to build up in the corners where they spend most time sleeping and it often collects into lumps.

That happens in my hutches too. Especially in Cloud and Zakura's.
They moult all over the place, but I don't think the fur in the corners are left their intentionally... Cloud even tends to plug up his water bottle with fur sometimes :shock:

If everyone is sure they're not doing it on purpose I'll get my Hoover out :D I just felt bad not wanting to destroy something they might have made all snuggly :oops:

Back