• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just had to Seperate Declan and Elyse - U/D 27/12 Declan Still Poorly :-(

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
They have been bonded for over a year. Declan had a Dental on Monday and although Elyse went in with him they have done nothing but bicker and scrap ever since :cry:
Tonight they have had a massive fight and the both have bite wounds :cry:

I have no idea why this has happened :cry: :cry:

Last edited:
I hope I dont regret this. Their wounds are superficial and there is absolutely no reason why they should suddenly have fallen out.

So I have completely rebuilt their enclosure and put different litter trays and toys and logs in it. Declan and Elyse have spent time together in the bathroom with no signs of aggression. They are now back together in the new enclosure and so far the new environment appears to be more interesting than knocking seven bells out of each other.

It's going to be a long night.......................... :?

tabby had a few days in isolation (in her old cage set up in the hoppery) after her op. matthew decided he was lord of all he surveyed and wouldn't let her share anything anymore. the vet said it often happens after vet visits, the bun smells different. i thought matthew was just overcome at having the upper hand for the first time in his life. he chased her about though, and bit her bum, pulling fur out. so i kept them apart until i could provide a neutral, small space. two days there together and they were friends again, snuggling up to snooze. they're in a double cage now (everything has been thoroughly scrubbed to make it as neutral as possible) and tomorrow i'll set up a full hoppery again and see how they go on.

i wouldn't have known how to approach this if i hadn't been coming here!

bonding vibes for declan and elyse :)

Elyse has just tried to kill Declan :cry:

These two are now divorced and will NEVER be rebonded :cry:

One of them has to be ill. Its the only explanation. I think it's Elyse as she has been the main aggressor all since Declan's Dental. Its her behaviour that has changed beyond all recognitition. She has accomanied him to the Vets on numerous occassions before and there has never been a problem.

Declan's already 'deformed' hind leg is now injured even more :cry:
He's had pain relief and is on a heatpad as he's gone into shock :cry:

Elyse is just, well, not the Elyse I have known for well over a year :cry:

I really have no idea what all this is about. I will be consulting my Vet first thing tomorrow

Happy Christmas.............. I think not :cry:

:cry: this is all you need! What a shame - hopefully the vet will be able to find out whats wrong tomorrow..

Good luck xxx

Back