• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding - fingers crossed pls!

snaisby

Warren Scout
I am currently in the process of bonding my ex-stray bunster Otto with my friend's girly Bluebell (back story here). it seems to be going really well :) they are both outdoor bunnies so i am currently freezing my bum off as i have them in a pen in my room, but heating turned off and window open - they seem fine even if i cant feel my fingers!!

If all goes well, Bluebell will be moving in with Otto permanently in his wendy house, with her owner's blessing! Then we are moving into a shared uni house in July next year, so the buns will come too :) we were going to wait til then to bond them, but its been SO cold recently and i feel so guilty having Otto on his own that we decided the best thing to do was try bonding now. So for Xmas they get company and a warm friend to cuddle with :love:

They've been in together since 4pm, and this is how its gone so far:

"Who the heck are you?!"
P1050525.jpg

"Not so sure if i like you..."
P1050528.jpg

"Although you are quite attractive i suppose..."
P1050530.jpg

<Insert (thankfully brief) interval of humping, chasing and thumping :lol:>

"Phew, that was exhausting!"
P1050544.jpg

P1050547.jpg

"Pellets! I guess we can share..."
P1050535.jpg

And now they are both happily munching hay - no snuggles yet but a tiny bit of grooming :love:

Wish us luck, this is my first ever bond!! I will keep you updated! :wave:

Thanks for the good luck wishes :) Still going really well - i have moved the pen down into the garage now that i'm happy they are getting on fine, so my room is no longer an ice box :lol: i'm checking on them very often though!

Back