• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Toileting Problems...

new_horizon

Young Bun
Hi All,

I recently adopted a four month old girl lop - Pudding - and for the time being, she is being kept in the house. We've had her neutered (around 2 weeks ago). She's got a wonderful temperament, reponds to her name, likes being petted and even strangely likes to lick me and my girlfriend!! But the only problem with her is that she keeps weeing on the beds that we have. I like to let her roam around, and she manages to jump any barrier that I put in front of her. She has a clean litter tray and plenty of fresh hay - wondered if anyone has any ideas of ways of discouraging her from peeing on the bed or encouraging her to use her litter tray more? It seems she only does a small amount a day - but it becomes increasingly frustrating having to wash the sheets every day!

Thoughts?

Thanks

She sounds like my Delly!!

I just stopped her from getting up on my bed till she was older as she wee'd on my bed and pillow :mrgeen: and then put the litter tray where she wee'd and poos :D
She soon got the knack of it, and is jumping all over my bed again :lol:

hi and welcome to the forum, she is marking her territory when she is doing this, when she is old enough you could get her spayed at about 6months of age, this helps to litter train them better and also helps any behavioural problms, but she sounds lovely :)

i remember when my rosie used to be the same weeing on the beds etc
try and keep some of her droppings and soiled bedding in her litter tray and if she wee's elsewhere move the tray to where she is likely to use it and also put her in it each time

Sorry I added the fact that she was spayed two weeks ago late! lol! Will this get better with time then?

yes it should do, as they can remain fertile for a few weeks after, in time with training and patience you should see an improvement, i thought id never get there with rosie at times :lol:

keep moving her poops into the tray and when you change it, save a bit of litter with wee on and put it back in... as she has only recently been spayed, she should start using the tray more anyway as her hormones settle. nice big pile of hay to munch on whilst she is in the tray aswell.

saying that... bisc and matt were neutered young... and even now... bisc will do a pee on the settee if he can get away with it! :roll::lol: not very often... just when he thinks he can get away with it! nothing like nice soft cushions! :roll::lol:

Back