• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Trouble with the Trio

crackerz

Alpha Buck
I have had to split up my 3 last night as Molly decided to pick on Catkin (and silly Daz joined in). Molly had Catkin cornered in between the dog crate and their bed and was biting him. Luckily Catkin has only got small scratches/cuts but she was really going for him.

Molly has been funny towards Catkin since he came back from his dental a couple of weeks ago. She chases him away from their bed, food etc. And he runs a mile as soon as he sees her. So last night was the final straw. I was worried for him since his no front teeth and is still a bit delicate.

He spent the evening with me on the sofa where he had his tea and cuddles. He loved it. He kept climbing up me to kiss me on my nose as if to say thank you mum.

I kept him in the bedroom with me all night and he seemed alot brighter in the morning. He wolfed down his breakfast so I suspect that she has been keeping him away from the food.

Do you think this is because she has not been spayed yet? Daz and Catkin are done but it has only been 6 weeks since I adopted Molly and the house move has made everything crazy (i still have boxes everywhere).

I plan to have her spayed in the new year once then, when she has settled, try and rebond Catkin back in. Does this sound ok? Its just that I worry and have no-one to discuss this with anymore.

Thanks

Sorry you've had to split them :( Although cuddles with Catkin on the sofa sound lovely!

I really don't know anything about bonding, but I think that waiting until Molly is spayed and her hormones have had a chance to calm down makes good sense. Perhaps you could ask a local rescue to rebond the trio once Molly is ready?

Hope it all works out.

Thats what I thought. I am definately getting her spayed come the new year as that had been my plan since I got her. She has suddenly turned into a right little madam:lol: Catkin is probably enjoying the freedom. Daz is looking like a downtrodden husbun:lol::lol: Although she has no problem with him at the moment.....

She has certainly become the boss...

Back