• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

merlins new cage reduced from a lot of money!!

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
seeing as bif keeps hiding under my bed etc and was getitng harder to medicate..we decided she needed a new cage....but when the cage arrived we found it had a waffle effect ridge patterning on the base inside...not good for a soft poo bunny!
so merlin was ousted from bifs old cage a montana ranch one weve had several years now and has been borrowed and used a lot! it was steam cleaned and her stuff put in and it was put in my room. she seemd to love being in there...shes a bun with security issues now shes split from ehr hubby.

so merlin got the new cage....much bigger than the montana one too.

the shock was it was reduced from £133 to £69:shock:

its a greta cage but to assemble it...aarghhhhhh but i did it:lol:

hes loving it...the eldge is his fave toy:lol: and hes chewed chunks out already:oops:

he has a water bowl so we dont use the bottle and we dont use the hay rack..hed get too frustrated trying to pull hay thru the cage bars!

still even with his litter tray and bowls and his teddy..he has room to run from end to end and stretch out on his side without touching a single thing:shock:

his cage has a novel idea...a sliding cage door!!:shock: hes loving it so are we as its a wider cage and a sliding door takes up less room and no bars to trap little feet.
he has to have his plastic iglloo outside the door so he can jump up onto it and down to get out...to get in he reverses the process...a bit noisy but great exercise for him.

heres the cage on the website....we got ours much quicker but it was before the bad weather and xmas last minute rush.

i will post pics of him in it when i can.

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product.asp?dept_id=373&pf_id=50201

i assembled it in the lounge and bertie came up for a snif looking to see what bunny i had in there....so did salem and zuzu the cats!!

bertie got miffed as he wanted to get inside the cage to explore..hes a frenchie but he thinks hes actually a nethie:lol:

tip once assembled....DONT TAKE APART TO GET UPSTAIRS!! we took the cage between us in little steps..and dragging itleast i was trying!

its great and the cats cant sleep on the top to make him mad....they dont do it to bif cos shes their mum as far as theyre concerned...i know cats with parental issues:lol:

yes and wayyy roomier than you think!! merlins a lionhead..a cross we think a big un too and he has to run across form end to end and tkaes at least three hops widthways!!
bertie owuld have got in if the door had been bigenough...hes and odd frenchie..convinced hes a nethie..delusional bunny:lol::lol:

merlins loving it...esp the ledge and the hide underneath..and the huge domed roof means he can periscope as much as he likes and still not reach the top!

yes and it stops the cats sleeping on the top of it which they often do as they are cats...and annoying! altho its weird..since bif split with bertie and been in her old cage..the cats have not once tried to sleep on the top..i think they know shed eat their paws whilst they slept:lol:

i love the domed top..but also the sliding cage door..thumbs up on the design.

Back