• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Current climate...

SisterMoonbeam

Mama Doe
I am probably being over paranoid, I usually am, but I am so worried about the bunnies outside in this temperature.

They are all used to being outdoors but I can't help but worry. Fidget and Frankie have the shed which and Angel is in a hutch (with a cover) inside the aviary. Both shed and aviary are in a corner which is very sheltered from wind etc and have TONS of hay and straw but I really can't help but worry.

Will they be okay out there? :? Think I just need some reassurance really

I am sure they will be fine hun, just been out to check on all my lot and they were munching hay and didn't seem bothered at all!

Mine dont seem worried at all either, make sure they have water and plenty of hay and keep any snow off of them so they don't get wet. They should be fine them :)

Hannah

apparently our weather is milder than it was 20 years ago and i think bunnies were ok back then :D:D:D

i thought our weather was getting colder, but maybe i just feel it more now im old :lol::lol::lol:

Thanks guys. Just ran out to check on them and they're all fine :D

I don't know why i panic so much. In summer it's the flies and winter it's the cold/ Bunnies eh? :roll:

I Feel the same but when i go and check they are downstairs in the run.
I put them upstairs and shut the hatch before i go to bed and add extra hay .I think they keep each other warm and they build a bit of a hollow in the hay.
I always feel there tummies and they are really warm.
as someone said i think it is more damp and wet weather that affects them.
Still does not stop us all worrying.

Back