• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mooch won't come out to play...

MiniMadTez

Mama Doe
Mooch has a Nero cage in our livingroom that has no door on it so that he can get in and out when he wants to, except at night time when we put the door on, but recently he hasn't come out to play :?

He doesn't seem unwell or anything, still eating, drinking, pooing etc etc as normal, and still getting cuddles from me. :love:

He bangs on the cage door with his toys for me to open it, but just pops his head out for a look then lies back down.

Should I be worried or just put it down to him being disgusted that I haven't tidied up? :lol: seriously though, do you think I am being paranoid and that he will come out when he wants to? :?

change of behaviour is always a bit worrying, but if he still wants the door open, he might just be expressing a personal preference for being inside!

change of behaviour is always a bit worrying, but if he still wants the door open, he might just be expressing a personal preference for being inside!

Thats what I was thinking :? Nothing else has changed or seems different about him or his routine etc, just that he doesn't seem to want to come out. If I lift him out he will run about briefly then go back in his cage, but I don't want to be forcing him to come out if he doesn't want to.

its very common...i find buns very much like cats..you know let me out..now im out let me back in etcetc
my mums bun drove my mum nuts two days ago..she was going crazy to come out..so my mum followed ehr usual routine of letting her out etc and nope..she lay back down for a snooze!

merlin goes nuts hten gets out and goes to sleep under nikis bed for about 5 hrs then back in his cage and puts himself to bed there too...i belive buns have sleepy or lazy days...but its essential to spot a health problem too.

ive annoyed bertie thinking he was ill and medicating him and timing it to see if i needed to get him to the vts..nah..he wanted to be left laone to snooze in peace:oops::oops: better safe than sorry:lol:

Thanks everyone, I'll keep an eye on him. I'm pretty sure he's not ill or anything, just seems to be being lazy! :roll:

Maybe he just doesn't like Christmas :lol:

Sending 'come out and play' vibes to Mooch :)

They worked!!! :lol: Thanks!!!

I have my hyper bouncy bunny back! All because I made him come out so I could get in about to give his cage a proper clean, now he is jumping in and out and running round the livingroom like a mad thing!

He has just noticed that the Christmas tree is invading his favourite corner.....but that the presents sound interesting when jumped on, so he doesn't mind! :shock:

Back