• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Toby, Betsy & Eve could do with some vibes please if possible

Bunnyaddict

Wise Old Thumper
Toby has had to have an op on one of his back legs today. He got it caught on something in their pen last week - we're not sure what :? But basically he took the top layer of skin off his leg & it looked very nasty :cry:

We've been treating him daily with meds & bathing it on our vet's advice for the last week to see if it would heal by itself, in the hope that he wouldn't need an op. It was doing fine up to yesterday. However, after a check last night it had started to become infected :( He's had to have the infection cut out today & it looks like it had started to form a small abscess in his achilles tendon.

Poor little fella is now feeling very sorry for himself with a wound running all down his leg & will be confined to a cage for Christmas :(

I just hope he leaves his stiches alone, otherwise it will be on with a collar - which I don't want to do. I hope it doesn't become infected again either. He's back on Thursday for a check, then again next week.

Betsy had to go in yesterday too as I found a lump on her tummy about the size of a large marble :? It appears she's got a hernia & if it gets any bigger or doesn't go down - it looks like she'll be going in for that :( She's back next week to see how it's doing :?

Eve went along as well, as she'd stopped eating & seemed very off :( Thankfully after a shot of metaclopromide & metacam - she's doing ok at the moment touchwood - lets hope it stays that way :?

Roll on 4th January when the vets are back to their normal opening times, as I can't cope with them being shut for so long! I'm going to have a lot more grey hair in the new year that's for sure!! :roll:

Last edited:
what a nightmare... sending loads of vibes for all three of them and some extra ones for you xxxxx

Sending lots of vibes, Denise. Poorly bunnies are stressful enough as it is, but even more so with the Christmas opening hours at the vets. I hope everybun is ok. xx

Thanks Karen, Kay & Lynne - thankfully Toby has left his stitches alone overnight & his wound is looking ok at the moment. Let's hope it stays that way :?

Thank you everyone - Toby is doing ok at the moment bless him & his stiches are still intact - phew! :roll: He's back for a check up in the morning to see how he's doing - fingers crossed all is ok.

Eve's also going back with me as well - as her poo's have become really small again & she's just nibbling at food :( I want to get her checked again before they're shut for Christmas just in case :?

I'm glad Toby is doing well :) Sending more vibes for Eve and hoping they all behave themselves by staying well for mummy over Xmas.

Back