• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flynn is home - operation details

ShazzaBunny

Warren Veteran
Flynn's ear has been cut open at the base because it was easier access for him to open the abscess for more effective cleaning. He flushed the ear several times to ensure all the pus was gone. He has removed some bone (which he did not plan on doing but when the infected bone was clear to see, he decided to do it). Because this bone has been removed the vet thinks it will heal better. Antibiotic beads have been inserted into the ear. He then stitched it back up again. He is very hopeful that the whole abscess has been removed, which would be a fantastic success.

Flynn also had 3 small spurs which have been burred down.

The vet said all things considered he is doing incredibly well. Poor Flynn is very sleepy and wonky due to the nature of the operation.

Eating, drinking and pooping vibes would be greatly appreciated.

I am sooooo relieved to have my special boy back.

I will get some pics once he is feeling a bit better.

Pics :(

22dec09010.jpg

22dec09011.jpg

22dec09012.jpg

Bless him it doesn't look quite as bad as I imagined.

I really hope that the op' will be successful. Lots of speedy recovery vibes on their way :love:

Thank you all :)

Flynn is still very woozy today and will only eat carrot slices :?. But i hve gut stimulant to give him which should help a bit.
I am pleased with how surgery went, i believe this is the best we could have hoped for. Im so proud of Flynn :love:

I'm glad Flynn's op went well. He's a really brave boy :love: I hope he's feeling a bit better today.

Aww look at im :( Will pop laxatives in gordons tea just to reinforce the pooping vibes :lol:

Nah seriously hope all continues to go well xx

Awww look at his wee face. He is one amazing, brave little bunny. :love:

I hope he is feeling much better soon, healing vibes on their way.

Cerys :)

There is definate improvement today. Flynn has eaten a few pellets and some hay (yesterday all he would eat was sliced carrot and spring greens). Still not right, but im imagining his ear must be throwing his a bit, balance wise etc.

Thanks for the support folks :)

Back