• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Be Prepared !!

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Oks so its almost Christmas and we can bet our bottom dollar that someBun will be working on an ailment that they can go down with on Christmas Eve just as our regular Vets close down for the Holiday !! Some surgeries will be on 'Emergencies Only' cover from Christmas Eve (Thursday) til the 29th December (the following Tuesday).
I thought it might be helpful to put together a list of things to make sure we have in/access to 'just incase'.............

Here's my suggestions and perhaps you could copy and paste the list into your post and add anything else you think may be needed :)

1. Details of how to contact out-of-hours Vet, especially if you are taking your Bun(s) with you if you are going away.

2-If any of your Buns is on prescription Meds make sure you have enough to last over the Holiday period. Its always useful to have some analgesia (Metacam) on stand-by if your Vet will allow it.

3-Infacol/Gripe Water

4- 1ml Syringes

5-Critical Care or similar for supportive feeds

6-Probiotics

7-First Aid stuff eg Sterile Saline, Dry Iodine Spray, Sterile dressing pads, blunt ended scissors, Vaseline, Sudocrem, Aloe Vera Spray, Styptic Pencil

8- Snugglesafe or similar

Not that I am a pessimist or anything..................:oops:

Oks so its almost Christmas and we can bet our bottom dollar that someBun will be working on an ailment that they can go down with on Christmas Eve just as our regular Vets close down for the Holiday !! Some surgeries will be on 'Emergencies Only' cover from Christmas Eve (Thursday) til the 29th December (the following Tuesday).
I thought it might be helpful to put together a list of things to make sure we have in/access to 'just incase'.............

Here's my suggestions and perhaps you could copy and paste the list into your post and add anything else you think may be needed :)

1. Details of how to contact out-of-hours Vet, especially if you are taking your Bun(s) with you if you are going away.

2-If any of your Buns is on prescription Meds make sure you have enough to last over the Holiday period. Its always useful to have some analgesia (Metacam) on stand-by if your Vet will allow it.

3-Infacol/Gripe Water

4- 1ml Syringes

5-Critical Care or similar for supportive feeds

6-Probiotics

7-First Aid stuff eg Sterile Saline, Dry Iodine Spray, Sterile dressing pads, blunt ended scissors, Vaseline, Sudocrem, Aloe Vera Spray, Styptic Pencil

8- Snugglesafe or similar

Not that I am a pessimist or anything..................:oops:

that's very good advice jane, the vet lady we saw today gave us all this stuff for rosie :wave:

best to be prepared! :D

got all my supplies sorted!

my vets is open until 4pm xmas eve, 10-11am xmas day, then until 4pm boxing day... then back to normal.. quite good that i thought. :)

I'm headed to the vets after work tonight to stock up on meds :thumb:

I'm running really low on 1ml syringes tho', because VetUK have stopped stocking the 3 part luer ones :evil:

This is not being pessimistic, this is being realistic.

I just have to get Fibreplex.

Since last Friday I have had Tilly, Badger, Cloud and Roger go 'down', so hopefully mine are getting it out the way.

On 27th December 2005 I lost my best ever bun, and simply dread this time of year. Whatever I can do to help keep things stable, I do (or don't do, as appropriate).

Hopefully though we can all have happy, healthy bunnies.

I have been and collected my emergency kit from my vet. She knows Snowdrop is always poorly over bank holidays so lets me have meds at home for her. She trusts that I know when to administer them and I can always ring the emergency service if I need advice. I have;

Maxalon sp?
Antepsin
Metacam
Infacol

Hopefully she wont need any!

i dont have 7 or 8 *getting worried now*

:lol::lol: I have lots of 8, but no 7... and 7 contains lots of things. Actual i lie, ive got sterile saline and sterile dressings, vaseline and sudocrem :D

Ive got lots of meds here. Dreading it as Scamp has gone downhill a little since Tinks has gone :( Ive got everything crossed here for everybun to be ok xXx

Since having Kermit with his head tilt, then Inca with her sore lady bits :oops: i've got quite a few of the things on the list.

Im hoping i wont need to use any of em!

Just made an order with vetuk,but doubt it will get here in time for christmas :( they seemed to be really slow last time :( But not willing to pay double the price at the vets. £26 for a box of recovery and £21 for 2 pipettes for Cherry's mites meds. £14 and £16 for 6 on vetuk. (I think she might need another dose on TuesdayWednesday)

Last edited:
:lol::lol: I have lots of 8, but no 7... and 7 contains lots of things. Actual i lie, ive got sterile saline and sterile dressings, vaseline and sudocrem :D

Ive got lots of meds here. Dreading it as Scamp has gone downhill a little since Tinks has gone :( Ive got everything crossed here for everybun to be ok xXx

well make sure you check your pms on xmas day.. i may need you :oops::lol::lol:

Back