• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

EPIC Journey home last night....

VikkiVet

Mama Doe
Set off for the usual Hertfordshire to Gloucestershire run - normally 2.5 hours.

Set off at 1pm. Stuck in slow moving traffic for most of the M25 to the M4. Came off at Reading to drop my friend Tom off at the train station - BIG MISTAKE!

Traffic went to an instant standstill and the snow got heavier, and heavier, and heavier....

In 4 hours we moved 450 feet - average speed = 0.1 miles per hour!!! :shock:
Took nearly 9 HOURS to get from the Reading turn off to Reading Train Station.

Dropped Tom off, took another hour to get out of Reading, and another 2.5 hours to get home to Gloucestershire by 3 am.

TOTAL driving time = 14 HOURS!!! :shock::shock::shock:

Rabbits were good as gold though - thoroughly fed up of sitting in their carrier all the time, but enjoyed a mixed diet of carrotys, plantain, hay and cloverleaf cookies, and consumed all my drinking water!

They spent the night in the bathroom as i was too tired to set up the crate when i got home. Found the fast asleep, top-to-tail in their litter tray this morning.

OMG:shock: What on earth did you do when you needed a pee? :oops: Glad you eventually made it in one piece.

Back