• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please Not Today, Not Know!

Alice & sue

Young Bun
I cant belive it!! One of the Rabbits Sasha has had a litter :eek::eek::eek: Dont ask me how im not sure, this wasnt even planned deffo not this time of year!!

Just went out to give her her morning feed and noticed a nest and something moving! She's had 5 but lost 1 already :(:( Im not too sure to how it has died though must have been the last one to be born as it still had blood and what looked like the plasenter stuck to it or somthing along those lines.. But it also had a crushed head like it had been stamped on :(:(!!

We have braught her in now with her four new babies and i hope to god they pull through!! I hope the difference in weather isnt going to have an effect on them poor little things..!!

Just cant belive it .... We put it down to one of the boys jumping into her pen when they are out in the garden and us not knowing about it, because other than that theres no way possible ... :shock:

never mind i will keep u updated and tell you how everthing is lol :wave:

Probably because most people on here are against breeding and are involved in rescues. People find it difficult to have anything nice or positive to say when people post on here saying they have had a litter.

You sound suprised that you bunyn has had babies, yet surely you know that this is what will happen if you keep males with females or purposely breed them which, from your post, it sounds like you do.

What a shame :cry:

I assume that as your appear to have been intending to breed at some stage you know the genetic background of a your Rabbits and that they are not related.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to fix tops to the enclosures to prevent any more 'accidents'....................

I hope the little ones survive and mum is OK.

Once indoors you will need to keep them in until the weather warms up in spring. Look on Ebay for a large dog crate.

Good luck

Rabswood

Just keep them warm and give Mum extra food rations...and she should do the rest on her own.

I had an accidental litter with my first pair of house rabbits (they were both supposed to be boys :oops: )

Good luck, and sending vibes xx

I live in the same area as you, and knowing how bad it is down here you really should get them inside! Either that or hide a hotwaterbottle under the nest.

You should also start handling them as soon as possible (If the mother lets you and is used to your scent) but you can't take them out of the hutch in this weather if outside, and if you bring them inside and then put them out again that's going to lead to more problems.

You might never see the mum feed, as usually they only do it once or twice a day, but the babies should have plump bellies.

My mum & dad live in Wakie, & it was -7degrees last night, so deffo inside if you can move entire hutch

I'd watch there's no more "accidents" too - mum can get preggars immediately after giving birth, & dad may well trash the nest & kill the offspring anyway.

Just re-read the first post, I never saw the bit about you bringing them inside :lol: Thank goodness because I know for a fact in Ardsley it's :censored: freezing

Thanks gyes!! There all fine!! Indoor know thats were theyl be staying too :) No more accidents know.!!

All babies are fine so far!! Will keep u updated :wave:

Back